𝟬𝟬𝟰. all I have left

Chief of Surgery

"Explain." Dr Bailey demanded when they arrived into her office.

No one made a move, no one daring to make a sound. Reagan opened his mouth as if to say something but no words came out. There was a long pregnant pause.

"He was crashing. Olivia saved him. That was it." Tatum explained again after a deafening silence.

"Of course, of course." Bailey shook her head. "Why was a code not called? Why did you not page your attending?" She raised her voice, furious.

"We thought we could handle it ourselves." Reagan jumped in.

"You thought? Thought? There is no room for mistakes in this programme. You are lucky that Mr Anson is still alive right now. If not, we'll have a lawsuit on our heads thanks to you goofballs!" At this point, Dr Bailey was shouting. "What were all of you thinking?"

She shook her head and finally continued, "You are all on probation for two weeks. In that period of time, you are not allowed into any surgeries. Not even in the viewing gallery. You will not handle pre-op or post-op patients. It's only your first day and this is the mess you've got yourselves into. I think. Think. That was a bad play on all of your parts. Think about it."

"But I saved him!" Olivia whined to her, a bold move.

"But did you page Dr Grey? No. I thought so." Dr Bailey shot back. "Get out of my office."

The three of them scurried out of the room, perhaps relieved that the consequence handed out wasn't nearly as bad as they expected.

"Please do me a favour and not get yourselves into any more trouble like that. I've had enough of this." Meredith sighed. "If you have time to pull things like that, I bet you have ample of time to do some charts and run labs."

"Tatum, go run these blood-works. Please keep yourselves out of everything and I do not want to see anyone even close to the operating room. For everyone's sake, please just be invisible and keep to the things your supposed to do." She shot them a deathly glare. "Olivia, you're with me." Meredith said as she pushed a pile of charts to Reagan for him to finish.

Cafeteria - Hour 28

"Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing." Reagan asked the group of interns. Hour 28. 8 more hours till this hell is over. 14 more days until the probation they got themselves into is over.

"Me." Olivia muttered. They all raised their hands synchronisingly.

"By the way, thanks Reagan. You could have saved us all of this if you just paged Grey and called a code." Tatum was infuriated with Reagan, her face red.

"You know, you're welcome." Reagan smirked. After all of this mess, he still had some humour left to spare at least.

*Everyone's pager beeps*

Patients room - Rounds

"Parker." Meredith motioned for herto start.

"Mrs. Shulz, she came in with seizures..." Parker recited out like a well rehearsed script.

"And what are we going to do next?" Everybody's hand shot up, like an eager child waiting for their turn at the playground.

She called out, "Luca." Everyone else dropped their hands back down, disappointed at their missed chance to speak.

"We... we should get an EEG first." Luca stumbled out the words.

"Alright, then." With that, Meredith walked out of the room, leaving the interns confused on what to do next.