A Baby Dragon's Christmas (DVNT)

The one shot takes place in a slight AU. Here, our villains have been defeated, our groups are enjoying peace, and finally, this is just for fun.

The scene begins with the shop down in Devil May Cry in Fortuna. With winter now in session, students and huntsmen from the schools were given a chance to spend the holidays. And, to make it more exciting, this was one of the first Christmas' they were able to celebrate in a long time since the fall of Beacon.

Inside the shop, everyone was setting up lights and decorations. Meanwhile, Kyrie, Patty, Klein, Taiyang, and others were helping prepare dinner, and Yang and Weiss were entertaining Ember.

Yang: oh, I can't believe we finally get to celebrate Ember's first Christmas! This is the best day ever!

Dean: yeah. And, when you think about it, this is our first Christmas in forever.

Ruby: did you guys ever celebrate like this?

Dean: oh yeah. The whole orphanage gets excited every year.

Nikki: every now and then, but it definitely gets crazy when we go shopping.

Vali: I never did. The tribe didn't even consider it, and just brushed it aside like it's nothing.

Tyra: we would just have a small celebration. Especially since it was just father and I. But, (looks around) this is definitely a change.

Weiss: what about you, Mimir? Did you celebrate any holidays?

Mimir: unless you count victories in battles, not really. Traditions like Christmas weren't invented until thousands of years later. But, as a knowledge keeper, I've picked up a thing or two.

Yang: well, this is still exciting! We've never had Christmas this big before, so it's perfect.

Just then the phone rings, and Dean picks it up.

Dean: Devil May Cry...... Say that again......? Okay then, can you give an address......? Alright, pay cash up front as always. (Hangs up)

Ruby: what was that?

Dean: (gets up from the desk) a customer with a password. Apparently, there's Grimm that's working with, and I quote, a demon Santa that attacked a shopping district in Vale.

Weiss: seriously?

Dean: well, they did say Grimm were involved, so gotta check it out. Besides, rule of the shop is if you know the password, then it's legit.

Nikki: mind if we tag along? Everything's all set up, and we have some time to kill.

Dean: sure. Tyra, Vali, you guys up?

Vali: very well.

Tyra: let's go.

Dean: (yells to the kitchen) hey guys, we're heading out for a little bit! Be back soon!

Kyrie: alright, but be back in time for dinner!

Dean: will do, just save some cake!

Nico: not a chance!

The friends just laugh at their antics, and Vali opens a gateway with Devil Sword Retribution. They enter through it, but as it closes, none of them noticed a stowaway joined them. They arrive to address, and sure enough, the area was in ruins.

Dean: geez. Either someone went ballistic with Christmas shopping, or our demon Santa was passing through here.

Tyra: the trail seems to be moving about northeast from here. We better move quickly if we wish to catch it.