Summer's First Christmas (KH)

Plot: this one shot takes place a year while after the Christmas special from Time of the Keyblade. Arc and Ruby are celebrating Summer's first Christmas as a family.

The scene starts off with an older Ruby rose in her late twenties preparing some gifts. Almost ten years have passed since the defeats of Xehanort, Salem, Ataru, and many more threats that came to the worlds, and now they were living normal lives. They recently had their Christmas get together, and were now enjoying the holidays in their own ways.

Ruby then takes a moment to stop on the current gift, and looks to see her four month old daughter playing with a stuffed Beowulf that she got when she was born. She smiles as she remembers her gift to her husband last year was telling him she was pregnant. After the announcement, Kairi, Naminé, and Aqua were giving her parental advice, and since Xion was already five months along with her and Riku's son, she discussed about going shopping with her.

She sets the gift down, and scoots over to her daughter.

Ruby: hey, little rose. You having fun?

Summer: (looks up and smiles)

Ruby: (smiles and kisses her cheek) you're the most precious huntress ever. Just wait until you're older when daddy and I teach you how to fight.

Summer just giggled and returns to playing. It was four months ago that Arc and Ruby had to remain on Remnant until their daughter was born. They named her Summer Claire Farron, after both their mothers. While Lightning was a bit surprised her son wanted his daughter to have her old name, she soon accepted it, and hoped that this child could redeem that name. Even though he was unable to protect his home-world during that time, his protégé, Nightfall, took over and proved that he could protect the city.

There was soon the sound of the door opening, and Arc enters the home. Summer immediately has a big grin and reaches up for her dad.

Arcturus: (smiles) hi there, Summer. (Picks her up) have you been good for mommy?

Ruby: she has. How'd work go?

Arcturus: good. Sho's now on winter break, and he and his family are enjoying their holiday in Midgar.

Ruby: good. He's come along way since you started training him.

Arcturus: well, you have to give credit to the two amazing people who raised him.

Summer then started to squirm and fuss as she was now hungry. Seeing this, Ruby takes her and goes to nurse her. Arcturus then finishes up the gift she was working on, no puts it by the tree. However, he then sees more gifts that looked like they were expecting more guests. They already had their get together with their friends, so they weren't expecting more people aside from close family members. He then sighs and smiled as he goes to Ruby while she finishes nursing Summer.

Arcturus: Rubes, how many gifts did you get Summer?

Ruby: just a few.

Arcturus: by a few, you mean over a dozen?

Ruby: what's the big deal?

Arcturus: honey, she's four months old. She's not exactly gonna remember this.

Ruby: (realizes and the blushes) I guess I did go a little overboard... It's just, this is our first Christmas as our own family. I want it to be special.

Arcturus just smiles and pulls his wife in for a kiss.

Arcturus: it is special. I have my beautiful wife and adorable daughter here. I wouldn't trade this for anything else in the worlds.

Ruby: (smiles) that's a bit cheesy for you, isn't it?

Arcturus: well, I do get that from my dad.

For the rest of the night, they finished the remaining gifts, and watched some Christmas movies together. And by the next morning, they were greeted by their close family members Yang, Lightning, Chelsea, Taiyang, Qrow, Sarah, Snow, even FaceTimed Sho. At the end of the day, they were all happy with various gifts, and Arc was soon relaxed on the couch with his wife and daughter in his arms.

Author's note: second Christmas one shot's done.
I'm still thinking about how I'm gonna do Soul Eater, but will think of something eventually.
This one takes place after the main books. It is cannon, and I tried not to give too many spoilers. If you wanna read the first one shot, you can find it in Time of the Keyblade.
So, to give an idea on how old Arc and Ruby are at this point in theme, they're 28 when Summer was born, and will be about 33 when their son, Connor, is born. So, almost ten years after the third book.

There is one Easter egg in this for a future project: Nightfall. I won't say too much on what it is, but basically, since KOTS is the last main adventure for Arc for a while, I'll be doing two side books. Arc will be mentioned, but they'll focus more on two separate characters.