ten🖤

polo🥳

i got up off my seat, "i gotta go tell nylasia and 'em."

diddy grabbed my arm, pulling me back down. "hold on son, you gone getcho' chance to tell everybody. hell you can announce to the party, but we not done talking."

i nodded my head, getting back comfortable.

"why you said you don't want me around ny? we been friends since before pre-k."

"it ain't like i don't like you, or you not a good guy. i just don't want nylasia to be part of this shit."

"what shit?" i asked.

"the music industry."

i sat up on my seat, elbows on knees. like when you finna get serious in 2k when a nigga on yo ass? shit gone get serious.

"she grew up in the music industry, she in the music industry by blood. you are basically the music industry, i'm not understanding you og."

"now son don't get hostile."

"nah, you don't want ya daughter around me because i remind you of yourself when you was younger. but because of all that fame and money shit that has gotten to yo head, you movin' like them rich white folks."

he widen his eyes.

"ian done either, you ain't even want ny to continue going to phillips academy. you made it as if she ain belong, you always think about ya' goddamn self and never about nobody else. as much as i look up to you sir, ion wanna be a goofy. and ian gone stop talking to yo daughter because i love dat girl-"

"-you don't know nothing about no damn love!" he slammed his hand on the patio table.

"this nigga talkin' about love! you just like them other kids tryna make it out with this rap shit. y'all don't talk about nothing but fucking hoes and getting money."

i scuffed, "you don't be listening to my music well enough then. and for the most part, where we come from that's all we knew growing up. them niggas who came before us showed us that rapping about bitches and trap shit could get us out, so we followed route. but i am more than that shit, you don't give no fucks though. like i said, you only care about ya' self, i've been tryna reach out to you about my music but you brushed that shit off. nah, now i'm getting the recognition i deserve and all ah' sudden you think my shits good."

he stood up, and i did too.

he pointed a finger at my face, "you gone take that deal from columbia records-"

"-no shit."

"and you gone stay the hell away from my daughter,"

i shook my head, "ain' gone happen."

he laughed, putting out his cigar, "do you know who i am? you gone take that record deal and move out of chiraq. i got connections, if i find out you've been talkin' to my daughter or you told her anything that happened tonight, your career gone be finished before it even started."

we heard loud footsteps edging closest to where we were standing.

"damn i've been looking all ova' for y'all. been out hear fa' like two hours. let's get back to this party." nya said from the door.

"ya' friend taurus here gotta surprise he gone tell everybody, ain't that right?" he grabbed onto my neck shaking me a little.

i shook my head smiling to myself,

this nigga evil as hell.

diddy grabbed the microphone, starting off with a little speech about how he's proud of his daughter and all the graduates.

soon he motioned for me to come up, "a young man who had also graduated today, who's going to be known as one of chiraq's hottest in a couple years got some words and accomplishments he wanna share with y'all."

everybody started clapping as i got up on the stage.

"lil capalot, bitch!" blast yelled from the audience.

i laughed.

diddy wanna play his game? i'll play along with his damn game. but we gone see who really win in the end.

"y'all prolly wondering why polo ass up hea'. well shit i'm unprepared as hell, jus like how i was throughout high school."

shit finna get serious.

"ian think i would be here today, ah nigga been through tough shit. from being in jail nonstop, failing my classes and shit. i didn't think this day could be possible, but the music carried me along. the ones fallen, maxine my grandmother, gucci and 5, my uncle, it's a lot of em. i was finna give up on foe'."

i shook my head, "i know y'all asses ain't crying ova' there."

"you touching my soul nigga!" wooski yelled from the crowd.

"i ain't finna make this speech too long, but after i say this i know everybody gone be proud of me. i'm telling y'all right now, that your very own polo g gone make it out of chiraq and be the king of this city. this time it's gone be stamped, because, i, taurus tremani bartlett has gotten a record deal from colombia records!"

the whole place was jumping, they asses seemed happier than me.

my mama came up with my siblings and hugged me with tears in her eyes.

"there ain't know reason fa' you to go back to jail son, you make us proud everyday. living yo dreams, you gone be the greatest until there ain't no more debating. i love you." she whispered in my ear and i hugged her back.

after a whole lotta congratulations and hugs, i went up to nylasia.

"what's up kid?"

she had tears in ha' eyes. "i'm so proud of you taurus! i told yo dumbass you was gone make it!"

i gave her a hug laughing, "ain't no need to cry shawty, you still my number one girl right?" she nodded her head.

... even if you ain't physically gone be there for me no more, i'll neva' forget about you.

never.

_____________

ain this sum bs? what they coulda been😫

comment, vote, share🤍