𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 41

"Ah, it feels so nice for things to be going back to normal," Suga said before taking a sip of his water.

"I know," Iwaizumi agreed, "I even got to sleep this weekend. Imagine that. Sleeping."

"And eating," Oikawa added, "and showering. All the normal human things were there. It was a miracle."

Daichi laughed, "I don't know how you and your editors pulled it off, really."

Iwaizumi waved his hand at them, "The Sales team was working their asses off too."

"Sure," Suga said, "but we didn't sleep in our offices."

"I assure you," Iwaizumi said as he pulled rice into his mouth with his chopsticks, "I wasn't sleeping. I was passed out. There is a difference."

"Indeed, and I hope I don't discover the difference while at work," Suga responded, resting his spoon on his empty plate.

"Did you fare well Oikawa?" Daichi asked, turning his intent eyes to him.

Oikawa blinked and his hand fell down to rest on Iwaizumi's leg. "I fared," he answered with a smile. Then the corners of his lips twitched, "I managed a few enjoyable times, even."

"Ah," Suga cooed in understanding, grin spreading across his face.

Daichi shook his head as if in disappointment, but he was smirking.

"Oh," Iwaizumi said, leaning on his elbow, "speaking of... that."

Oikawa covered his mouth, "Iwa-chan, such crude talk at lunch time?"

Suga's expression moved all devious, "Hmm?" he hummed, apparently pleased with the topic of conversation.

"I'm suddenly nervous," Daichi said simply.

Iwaizumi tried to keep his face level, "When you two..." he paused to consider his words, "crossed the editing room off your list, so to speak..."

"Not 'so to speak'," Daichi interrupted, "Suga had an actual list."

Suga nodded proudly. Oikawa gasped in awe at him from across the table.

"Which... whe--" Iwaizumi paused again.

"He's worried we had sex on his desk," Suga explained.

Daichi threw up his hands, "No no no," he sputtered, "I couldn't, I wouldn't. Not your desk, Iwaizumi-san."

"Aw," Oikawa piped up, resting his chin on his palm, "what a loyal friend."

Iwaizumi laughed, "Well that's nice to know, I guess."

"I think it was..." Suga tilted his head as he thought, "Ah, yes. Watari-kun's. The one who sits across from Kindaichi."

Iwaizumi cleared his throat and glanced away.

"I didn't even know his name," Daichi commented.

"Daichi, you're horrible," was Suga's response.

"Eh, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa said, poking at Iwaizumi's sides. "What's with that face?"

"What?" Iwaizumi asked, still not looking at them, "I don't know what you're talking about." His feet shifted under the table.

"Iwa-chan," Oikawa's voice lilted up into taunting, "whose desk did we make use of?"

Iwaizumi coughed.

"What was that?"

"W--" Iwaizumi picked up his water and pressed the glass to his lips, answering into the cup, "Watari's."

There was a hiss of laughter and Suga slapped his hand over his mouth. "We," he started to say, but his shoulders were shaking.

Daichi pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ooooh," Oikawa cooed, "we match."

"Oh God," Daichi said.

"We had... on the same..." Suga was about to lose it.

"Poor Watari," Iwaizumi finally managed with a shake of his head.

A waitress approached then, "Would you guys like your bills now?"

"All on one please," Iwaizumi and Daichi said at the same time.

They glared at each other. The waitress blinked at them.

"Yep," Oikawa said with a coy smile, "we were all on one."

Suga slammed his hand on the table and laughed so loud that even Iwaizumi started to lose it.