The Coming Storm

Narrator's POV:

Team RWBYY, Qrow, Oscar and Maria proceed on the trail. The snow starts to pick up even more.

Qrow: (sighs) Doesn't look like this is gonna let up.

Blake: Just wanna get this stupid Relic to Atlas.

Weiss: Let's hope we don't have to walk all the way there.

Yang: (to Maria, sarcastically) I thought trails led somewhere.

Maria: Do you have nothing better to do than to harass a defenseless old lady?

(Y/N): Yeah, Yang calm down and get yourself together...

Yang: Look whose talking! That one who was cursing every two minutes!

Ruby: Everyone, quiet. Do you hear that?

Everyone stops in their tracks. A metallic squeaking can be heard. A large farm can be seen, one of the front gates swings back and forth with the wind. A large sign above the entrance reads "BRUNSWICK FARMS". Everyone arrives at the gate.

Blake: Well, at least one good thing happened today.

Weiss: It looks abandoned.

Ruby: It's still better than this.

(Y/N): I've seen worst..

Qrow: Come on, I think we could all use some rest.

Everyone proceeds through the farm's gates, with Qrow being the last to enter. The snow starts to pick up even more as the gate is heard closing with a metallic clang.

Ruby: (sighs) I don't get it. The empty towns I've passed through were all damaged or unfinished. But this place looks... fine.

Team RWBYY, Qrow, Oscar, and Maria arrive at the porch of a residence. Weiss is shivering as she wraps her arms around her to keep herself warm.

Weiss: Maybe everyone left in a hurry. Before things took a turn?

Qrow tries to open the door, only to notice it was locked.

Qrow: Hmm. Stay on guard.

Qrow kicks the door open, everyone proceeds forward with their weapons drawn except for Maria and (Y/N). The others cautiously look around the place.

(Y/N): Close the door already!

Maria: It's cold enough in here as it is.

Maria and (Y/N) walks into the house. Afterwards, Blake and Oscar push a nearby drawer to block the door.

Blake: I saw a chimney from the outside. Maybe we could get a fire going?

(Y/N): Leave it to me I'm the icy hot girl here.

Weiss: literally. I'll look for some blankets.

Qrow: Yang, go with her.

Ruby lingers by the entrance hall for the bit while the others look around. Oscar can be heard opening a door.

Oscar: Looks like a study. Or, a library?

Ruby walks forward to notice a group of pictures standing on the wall of the family that owns Brunswick Farms. Blake and (Y/N) walks up next to her.

Blake: What do you think?

Ruby: Something doesn't feel right.

(Y/N): I noticed that since we walked in but is better than freezing to death...

Blake: Let's look for some--

Suddenly, a high-pitched scream is heard.

Ruby/(Y/N): Weiss!