Chapter X

"Zayne Anthony and Henry Allen! Get your lazy asses out of bed!" I yell at my cousins impatiently.

The door opens slightly, and I see that it was Henry.

"Tabby, it's six twenty-one in the morning!" he complains sleepily.

I look at Henry irritably. I was so close to going off on him for being so forgetful.

"Don't you remember what your dad told us last night?" I throw at Henry, which caught him off guard.

"Shit. Sorry 'bout that Tabbs," he mumbles to me.

"It's okay. You have thirty seven minutes to get Zayne up and get yourselves dressed before you two get left behind," I tell my cousin, not wanting to get held up by him or Zayne.

"Whatever you say, Anita," he calls as I go down the main hallway to get my jacket and bag from my room.

My phone starts to vibrate in my jean pocket a few minutes later. Looking at the caller I.D., I notice that it said unknown. I answer it cautiously.

"Hello?" I say, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Is this Anita Rivers?" a low, deep voice says questioningly.

"Yes," I reply. "And who is this?"

"That isn't important, deary," he tells me. "All that you need to know is that you need to leave Seattle as soon as possible."

I start to get confused.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Seattle is about to get attacked by foreign invaders," the caller explains. "They are after you and those who are connected with your family, Ms. Rivers. I suggest that you travel to New Orleans. Seattle isn't safe anymore, and neither is Manhattan."

The connection is suddenly cut off.

"Not safe? What did he mean by that? And my family too?" I shake my head. "What has uncle Marc gotten mixed up in now?"

I zip up my jacket, pick up my gym bag, and leave my room.

"Tabitha, what took you so long?" Henry asks me as uncle Marc and Zayne get the bags into the RV.

"Phone call," I reply, noy wanting to get into it.

"Wow, it took twenty-four minutes to talk on the phone," he says sarcasticly.

I glare at my older cousin.

"Please don't piss me off," I tell him. "I don't want to deal with any more crap this morning."

Henry laughs at me.

"Was it a break-up call between you and Felix?" he says jokingly.

"No. It was something that you shouldn't stick your nose into," I snap at him.

"Fine," Henry lightly punches my in the arm. "Who understands fourteen year old girls anyway?"

"Tabby and Henry, get your slow rears in here before you two get left behind!" Zayne calls, popping his head out of the RV.

I trip Henry and run inside the mobile home before he could annoy the hell out of me again.

"Sometimes I wish sixteen year old boys weren't so immature," I say under my breath.

The RV roars to life.

"Hey kids!" uncle Marc tells us a few minutes later. "Guess what? We're going to New Orleans!"

I get caught off guard.

"New Orleans?!" I ask him.

"Yes Tabitha," Marc replies with a laugh. "Didn't Zayne and Henry tell you?"

My eyes darken in fury.

"No, they did not," I say to my uncle.

They are so dead, I thought to myself.