Prologue

"Miss Stiles..." The principal of Empire Academy started as she clasped her hands together and looked at the teen in front of her. "I suppose you don't know why I called you in here, correct?" In front of her was no one other than Spinel Stiles herself, with her cold dead expression shooting daggers into the principal's eyes. She was sitting cross-legged with her arms crossed since she honestly was ready to go back to her home at the Homeless Shelter. Well...the closest thing she had to a home.

She yawned lightly and in a bored manner before saying, "If it's about the graffiti on the walls, I swear to God it wasn't me."

"This isn't about the walls this time. It's about you and your family." The principal said, causing Spinel to roll her eyes and groan.

"I don't have one. My parents are somewhere rotting I bet, I'm an only child, and whaddya know no one wants to adopt my ass. So whoever it is you're talking about, tell them I'm not interested in their crap."

"Spinel you have 1 remaining family member left that we know of. Her name is Sarah Stiles, your grandmother. We're just not finding out about her, and she seems to be the only one left. She remembers you, but never knew where you were, and me and the others are sure you'd like to live with her since she IS family. And you wouldn't have to be in the foster care system anymore. All you have to do is..." She pushed a couple of papers in front of her along with a finepoint pen. "Sign this. This let's us know you're in good hands and that you're living with a relative."

'Grandma Sarah...I've only heard about her once and even then I thought she was dead with her oldass...I might as well agree to this. At least it'll be better than being tossed around like the Corona int his foster care system.' Spinel thought deeply to herself as she thought about it. Sarah was never mentioned much, probably because she was pretty much a forgotten relative, or at least to Spinel. She didn't even know her parents let alone a grandmother. But of course she'd probably learn more about her most-likely dead parents from it, and there's a high chance Spinel was named after Sarah. She reached to grabbed the pen but stopped mid-reach.
"...How do you know she even wants me?" She asked with aggravated doubt in her voice.

"Trust me, she wants you. We'll even let you meet her. Sarah told us, when we first mentioned you after we found about her, that you would shadow your mother well and make it feel like she's actually there. She even said, and I quote, that 'I only have so many years left, and it's been far too long since I've seen my own granddaughter. Ought as well make my golden years even more golden.' So I can assure you, she wants you to live with her." Spinel thought about it some more, now oganzing the pros and cons of meeting Sarah.

On the pro side, she WOULD get to figure out where the hell she came from, possibly get the childhood she never had, get an actual bedroom, and - best of all - free cookies made from love~

Of course with the cons, Sarah may be a goody two shoes, not allowing Spinel to stay out past 8 or do her usual smoking and drinking. And if she was rich, possibly dress her like a Barbie which was NOT a plan! Thinking about all this was making the decision harder. She hated going back to the damn homeless shelter where the young ones would annoy her to her core and ask her for her slop (literally thats how bad the homeless shelter was) and getting her drugs confiscated. But she also hated thinking that even if she was gonna live in a luxurious home with an actual bed, she might be put under rules that may make her crazy.

'A warm bed, or rules...a warm bed or rules...rules or warm bed? Should I risk it...?'

"Also I must say that Ms Sarah doesn't live in Empire City," the principal remarked while Spinel was in thought. "She lives in the city next door, Beach City. And with that being said, if you do decide to stay among her you'll have to switch to Beach City High. It's a fairly good school so you should love it there." She explained. While it was no Empire Academy, BCH was just as good with it's a-dork-able crackhead students and cocaine snortin' teachers UvU. Spinel actually hoped it wasn't like Empire Academy with the strictass dress codes and all the fancy stuff. She only came here in the 1st place because her old Foster parents enrolled her.

However Spinel never mentioned how they got into a fight because they had a son who was a bitch to her, and one parent defended the son while the other defended her. It lead to violence, the one defending Spinel shot the son, and the one defending the son shot the son-killer. And later it became a murder-suicide. She fled, not telling anyone what happened and going back to the shelter.

'come on Spinel...quit being a pussy and choose...If I move I'll have to deal with those stupidass kids again...But then again...'

"The school..." Spinel started. "Tell me about it."

"Beach City High is run by Principal Holly Agate. It's a pretty good school, I have a nephew that attends. It has vending machines all out, the teachers are very much liked by the students! Though there is one thing..." The principal's voice trailed off. "Vandalism. Gangs. Frat parties. Drug dealing. All of that goes on as far as I'm concerned. But Holly is doing all she can to stop it. I'm sure you'll be fairly safe though."

'Drug dealing? Vandalism? Gangs? This sounds right up my alley~'

"So Spinel, what's it gonna be? Are you staying with Miss Sarah? Or are you staying back at the homeless shelter?"

"Wait, how did you-"

"I saw you on my way to the store, in line in the cold weather. I know what happened to your old foster parents. I hate seeing you in an unsanitary environment. I'm telling you, Sarah has money to take care of you and..." Spinel noticed how the principal looked at what she was wearing, which consisted of a black tube top, jean-vest, and ripped shorts. "A more suitable attire. "

Finally, Spinel looked back at the papers in front of her. A decision had been made. She knew where she was going and hoped it was better than now, and if it didn't turn out the way she wanted? So be it. She'll run away like those other times. She took the pen and put her signature.

"Alright Sarah, it's on..."
*********
You: *waiting on updates on other stories*
Me: *makes new story*
You: *inhales* Alright, Kat-

Yeah yeah, I know. Another story. Welp Im almost done with Yan Steven x Spinel (in another 5 or 10 chaps-) so why the hell not? I saw a picture on yandere Human Spinel in my gallery and was like, "Ok I gotta make a story bout this" and voila, that Swag Kat had blessed all human Stevinel lovers. Including myself-

Well let's see what kind of stuff I curse ya'll with. After all, I'm the Devil, and I never quit ;)

Don't forget to claw at that vote button and leave some awesome comments UvU.
Keep calm and sleep on,
Katlady