Meeting in an odd way

A/n: this story is going to co-written by me and @AlSRLV we will be going back and forth writing chapters! Hope you enjoy!!

Meredith's POV

Today is my first day of college and to be honest I am scared that I'm gonna forget where a class is or that I'm gonna be late. I am supposed to have a tour guide they told me his name was Derek Shepherd. I just hope that he isn't some popular jock that doesn't care about school. Before I know it I'm out of my apartment and on my way to Starbucks to get a coffee before class. I am wearing a white shirt with black leggings and a pair of black vans. Once I get to Starbucks I order an iced coffee with 2 pumps of hazelnut and three scoops of sugar. Now that I have my drink I have to get to Study Hall to meet the people in the "Freshman Study Program" who will help me with school and where everything is. As I'm walking out of Starbucks I run into a tall muscular man who caught me before I fell on the floor. I look up to see who I ran into and I find these deep ocean blue eyes I could get lost in for days.

"Sorry" The indigo eyed man apologized.

"No I was looking at my phone I should have watched where I was going." I replied back.

"My name is Derek by the way."

"I'm Meredith." I tell him with my hand out so he can shake it.

"Oh My God, you have coffee all over you! Do you want a sweatshirt to wear?" He asks kindly.

"Oh, I didn't even realize. Are you sure that I can wear your sweatshirt?"

"Yes I'm sure I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't sure." He said before taking a sweatshirt out of his bag and giving it to me.

" I'm gonna go change then I have to get going to my first class."

"Alright" After that I went to the bathroom to change. I came out of the bathroom and found Derek with two iced coffee's in his hands.

"You didn't have to get me a coffee." I told him.

"I figured I owed you one."

"Well thanks, I gotta get going hopefully I'll see you around."

"I hope I'll see you around as well. Goodbye Meredith."

"Goodbye Derek." Then I started making my way to the Study Hall. As soon as I get there I take a seat in the front right of the room. As I wait for more people to come in I scroll through Twitter. Then I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around and see those ocean blue eyes staring back at me again.

"Hi Meredith I don't know you were in this program."

"Hi Derek I didn't know you were either."

"Well this is going to be a fun year and I can't wait to get to know you more." He said with a dreamy smile on his face that made me week at the knees.