The Heart Has Its Reasons That Reason Ignores

Author note: first of all, happy anniversary to our beloved drama, the most incredible, life changing, amazing drama ever. One year ago, little did I thought that this drama was going to have such an impact in my life. Forever grateful ❤️
Thank you again and always for your support. Your kind words are the greatest motivation, and you're the best readers ever. Love you, take care and stay safe, always ❤️

***

The world faded around them.

The traffic noise died, conversations, laughter, children's cries, completely disappeared.

It was as if all their senses had been switched off, cut from the world to be assaulted by each other.

By their scents, leather, soap, pine, flower, mixed in the most beautiful and unexpected way, by their warmth, keeping them safe from the chilly wind. By his left arm that had somehow found its way around her waist, his hand almost burning her small back through her clothes, as she was grabbing his jacket for dear life, as if she was afraid she might crumble if she let go.

Everything was him. The ground, the sky, the air, it was him. She felt intoxicated and it was just a kiss.

Lips pressing together, pulling, pushing, tasting. Soft pressure, tender nibbling, and did he have hot chocolate again before meeting her?

At first, she had kept her eyes open, blinking stupidly as he suddenly assaulted her lips. She couldn't remember why he was doing that, but she closed them quickly, raising on her tiptoes to meet him half way, acting instinctively.

Her head was spinning and she was unable to think. Did it last one minute, one hour, a decade? She couldn't tell, only aware of him, only thinking of him, completely surrounded by him.

His heat, his scent, his taste.

Her heart was probably jumping out of her chest by now, and all that was left was a numb brain and numb lips.

Before she could fully comprehend what was happening, he drove back, slowly, carefully, catching his breath, his eyes half open and somehow darker, staring at her. She stared back, her chin still up, her lips still offered, his taste still lingering on them...

His breath was hot and comforting against her skin, and she just couldn't step back, frozen and trying to think rationally.

He had kissed her. He had kissed her and why was she feeling lightheaded? Was she still alive?

"I think he's gone..." he said, his deep voice husky but steady.

She couldn't trust her voice so she just nodded numbly, trying to remember who was gone where.

Ah. Right. Her brother.

Suddenly aware of their proximity, she stepped back so quickly she almost knocked over a man passing behind her. Ri Jeong Hyeok caught her, steadying her on her feet. Before suddenly letting go as if she had burnt him.

"Be careful..." he mumbled.

Her cheeks were burning, her knees were wobbling, and she hated that. It wasn't her first kiss, she was a grown woman who had had countless boyfriends, so why was she feeling as if she had missed a step, like a giddy teenager, whenever he was involved.

As adrenaline faded, all that was left was a palpable tension and awkwardness. None of them could look at the other in the eye. Ri Jeong Hyeok straightened up, clearing his throat.

"Let's go." he said gruffily, scanning their surroundings to make sure they were not followed again or that her brother had really disappeared.

She followed him, and as they walked through the streets of Bern, she was very careful to keep a distance between them. She needed to process what had just happened.