9

Darryl began to pack his gear for his next hunting trip when George stopped him, "Darryl, there's no need to go out today!"
"But we still need a few things for tomorrow,"
"Yes! We will just get Ant to get them! We want you to help make some early cooking preparations! You are good at cooking aren't you?" Darryl sighed and nodded, he had a worried look in his eyes. He hoped that no danger would come to Zak and that he wouldn't wait around for too long. Darryl continued to pack it anyway for Ant. He walked over to Ant and handed him the bag and list, "Those are all the things you need to get,"
"Is there anything I need to look out for? Like dangerous animals or members of other clans?" Darryl hesitated and thought for a moment, he then shook his head, "No, everything should be alright, just lookout for any animals that have new young,"
"Will do." Darryl watched as Ant walked into the forest, wondering if he would find Zak.

Zak stood in the small area where they always met up, he looked around, waiting for Darryl to arrive. But he never did. Zak began losing hope in his friend, if he was just late then he was late by thirty minutes. Sighing, he went over to untie his horse when he heard a sound. "Hello! Who's there?"
"Darryl? Wait no, his voice doesn't sound like that." He suddenly got the realisation that he was still in Drøm land and Darryl probably hadn't told anyone about their relationship. Quickly, he jumped on his horse and rode off, it's hooves crushing fallen leaves and twigs. As it rode in the direction of the lake, Zak kept looking behind them, making sure no one was following them. As he turned around, his horse reared on its hind legs and let out a screeching sound. It had been spooked by something, Zak fell off and hit his head on a log.

He sat up and rubbed the back of his head, in the distance, he saw his horse running in the direction of his village. He stood up and looked around, wondering what had spooked it, that's when he saw it. A large deer was standing amongst the trees, it was a lot larger than any other deer he a had seen before. Its antlers reached up to the high branches, it was also drip infected. Zak turned around and started running, his breathing became shallow and fast as he ran for what he thought was his life. The creature followed him close behind, gaining on his every move. He looked back to see it inches away from him when he turned around all he saw was a large tree in front of him. Then he blacked out.

"Welcome, Zak. Don't try and scream, Darryl isn't coming any time soon. He left you. With me, I will make you feel whole, feel... complete. But of course, you wouldn't want to stay here on your own recall. You see I know you, the creatures tell me everything. That's why you're tied up. I'll untie you soon, don't worry. We will be expecting guests sometime tomorrow."