13

The figure stood up with wide arms as if to greet a close friend, almost hitting Zak in the process. "Hello, my friends! Welcome to my home! Now, what brings you, boys, here?"
"Zak?! What are you doing with Zak!?" Darryl shouted. Clay and Finn grabbed Darryl's arms and held him back, "Darryl, what are you doing? We don't know what he could be up too!" Clay whispered. Darryl stopped struggling and stepped back with a sad expression on his face."I see you have noticed my new assistant, Zak!" The figure called to the group and made a gesture to Zak, "What are you doing with him, you bastard?!" Zelk shouted angrily, as he saw that his friend's expression didn't change. The figure frowned but it was clear that it was fake, "Oh please, my name is not bastard, you can call me... Techno." On the last word, his frown turned into a wicked smile as he pulled out a long, thin sword from behind him. He tapped it against the walls three times and the group heard a screeching noise. The same owl flew in from behind them and rested on Techno's shoulder as the walls began to move. The group huddled together and pulled out their weapons for a fight. Large doors that they had not noticed before opened up, each of them came animal noises. Soon infected animals began to pour in as techno kept the same mile on his face. The group split up, each going to a different door to try and fight off the beasts.

Clay ran towards techno, sword in hand, preparing to win the fight. Whilst all this was happening Darryl ran towards Zak to make sure he was ok.

As Clay and Techno continued fighting he began to recognise his skill but he couldn't quite remember where from. "Why are you doing this? All these animals you've infected! The multiple clans that have been destroyed because of your creations! Why?" Shouted Clay as his sword clashed against techno's blade. In return he smiled, "Why not? Why not add a little challenge to this world? The clans that get destroyed are weak, proving to them that they need to get better. Isn't that a good thing though? Destroying clans so that you guys, the stronger clans, can get more land." Techno snickered underneath his mask. As they continued fighting, Techno called for his owl's assistance, it flew over and continually tried to claw at Clay's face. Getting annoyed, Clay shoved the bird into techno with the handle of his sword, knocking his mask off. He watched as the figure stood back up, he recognised who this was. His old friend.