Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29: Aᴄǫᴜᴀɪɴᴛᴀɴᴄᴇs

JENASSIA'S POV
Time: 4:00 pm, Friday

I laid down on the bed scrolling through my phone feeling bored as shit. I decided I was gonna go somewhere maybe to buy some new shoes.

Yea that's what I'm gonna do, Imma buy some fire ass shoes.

I walked down the stairs putting on a sweater since it was pretty chilly outside.

"Alright, Aunty I'll be at the nearest footlocker if you need me!" I yelled loud enough so she could hear me.

"Okay! Don't do no stupid shit and be careful I'm not tryna see you in another accident" she yelled back.

"Okay!" I yelled before grabbing her car keys and jetting out, locking the door behind me.

I unlocked the car door and got in, I closed the door as I rubbed my hands together for some warmth. Even though it's not that cold it's pretty cold. If that makes sense.

I pushed the push to start button and waited for the car to turn on.

I plugged my phone in for Apple CarPlay and got ready to pull off.

"Oh shit almost forgot the seatbelt," I said to myself before putting my seatbelt on and putting in the directions for the nearest footlocker.

I pressed start on the directions and played some music on low volume so I could still hear the GPS.

        ꧁☀︎︎꧂

I shut the music off once I pulled up to the footlocker, I was lucky enough to find a parking spot.

"You have reached your final destination," the GPS said. I then grabbed all my things, shut the car off, got out, and locked the car after closing the door behind me.

I walked in and was immediately greeted by one of the staff workers.

"Any particular sneakers you're looking for?" the staff member named...Taylen asked. He had the striped footlocker shirt, some black pants, some Jordan's, and a name tag that read Taylen.

"No, just here to see what you got" I smiled. Taylen nodded and smiled before he walked away talking to one of his coworkers.

I was looking at the sneakers on the wall when I thought I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to see Jaquayus coming from the back of the store with some sneaker boxes in his hand. I quickly turned around so he couldn't see my face.

Jaquayus is Devon's annoying ass best friend, but he had moved away a couple of months back. But I didn't know he moved over here or worked here.

"Aye say Jenassia is dat you," he said coming close to me. I cringed before turning around to him.

"Yea it's me," I said smiling sarcastically.

"So how you been," he asked. I don't feel like talking to him but ion wanna make a scene so Imma just comply.

"I've been good...how about you?" I asked.

Hopefully, a customer needs him.

"I've been good too, even got myself a shawty" he smiled. I nodded my head and turned my head back to the sneaker wall.

"So you and Devon been good?" he asked making me turn my head quickly. I gave him a confused look, before looking at the wall.

"Devon?" I said jerking my head back while scoffing.

"Yea, he said y'all just got back together about a week ago," he said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hell no, I ain't get back with Devon. I have a whole better nigga and when I get back to school Imma beat Devon's ass for spreading false shit" I lowly said so nobody got in our conversation.