not an update

TW ; RASICM , HOMOPHOBIA , SEXUAL ASSAULT

okay so i'm sure everyone heard about the situation(s) that are going on with freakshow. haley and claire apologized for their actions and if you haven't watched that, i'm sure you can find it on tiktok or twitch.

haley made a joke about michael jackson being creepy with kids and she said she NEVER tried to make it seem like she was making fun of sexual assault victims. i cant take part on that and forgive her since i'm not a sexual assault victim. what she did was wrong on many levels but it was honestly a misunderstanding. dont get me wrong i love noah and matt but they make the EXACT same jokes about tony and zoe and they don't get cancelled. i completely understand why people would be upset but it seems like people are picking and choosing who to cancel. she said she was making fun of michael NOT the victims. apparently back in 2018 it was a trend to make fun of michael for things he did, but now her video is getting brought back up and she's being held accountable for her actions. i just don't understand how everyone laughs at the tony and zoe jokes, even larris disstrack it was all laughs and giggles, but everyone flips out when it comes to haley making a tiktok about michael.

with claire's situation i'm kind of on and off with it. yes i am black, a poc and what she did was wrong, but i personally wasn't offended. she is almost 16 so we can't really pull the 'age card' on her but she did say one of the pictures she took, with the wig, was in 6th grade. you have to be real and at least say once in your life you've made a mistake and probably said something racist, being a CHILD and not knowing, thinking it was just a harmful joke. the edges and hoops i'm sure weren't mocking or making fun of black women. im sure it was just a joke about hot cheeto girls, which could be anyone. regardless what claire did was wrong but she handled the situation well just like haley did. i'm not saying anyone is sensitive at all, cause i completely understand why people would be offended. all i'm saying is i wasn't offended and i think it just a misunderstanding but idk.

i'm not really sure what happened with hamzah, people have been saying he made homophobic jokes but then theres people saying and posting videos of him saying "he's figuring himself out" in the lgbtq+ community. so if someone could inform me, that would be nice. and also about how he defended haley? i'm not sure.

no one is getting canceled but their getting held accountable for their actions. i honestly think they were all mistakes and they've grown and educated theirselves. we all were young and didn't know about those jokes being sensitive but we're all clearly educated now. hence why they're not getting "canceled".