01 || ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ!

↳ ♡₊˚. Ok, here's the thing. I also have problems with writing descriptions. I get confused and I scream inside about what to write in the description. But from reading novels, and other stories in Wattpad, I've noticed essential things to add in descriptions.

1. Don't summarize the story, add some plot points that can interest readers.

In writing a description, you shouldn't tell the whole story instead write some plot points to it so that it can impact your readers. You can add some information about your character, or add something to describe your story.

2. Add questions about the story.

This may not apply to everyone, but it applies to me. For me, when I read, I get deeply involved in the story because of questions in the description. Adding questions to your description, makes your readers feel the need to answer those questions and read your stories.

3. Think like a reader.

I find myself doing this a lot. I always think about how would it attain my interest as a reader. I ask myself. 'Would this gain my interest as a reader?' 'Would I read this if I saw this?' Those are the usual questions I ask myself. It'd be best to think like a reader than thinking like a writer since there are different perspectives from the reader and the writer.

⌦ .。.:*♡ Hope this helps!!