03 || ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢʀᴀᴘʜꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ!

↳ ♡₊˚. I am very average in writing paragraphs and sentences. Like it depends if I would write long sentences and paragraphs. I can write about 5-10 sentences in a paragraph if I'm in the mood to write. I took some notes in writing a paragraph and sentences that I usually see in novels and other fanfic writers.

1. Avoid repeating the same words in a paragraph.

I've noticed some people doing this. Using the same words over and over again makes it dull. It would be better to use different kinds of words so that it would be much more appealing to read. An example of this is;

"She was beautiful. Her eyes were beautiful and also her physique"

It sounds dull so it would be better to write it like this.

"She was so alluring. Her almond-like eyes were so appealing you could stare at them for hours. Her hour-glass figure and her pale skin make her look like an elegant princess."

Something like that. You use various words that you know and you could use the internet to research for synonyms for certain words.

2. Show not tell

Many writing tip books already said this but most people tend to forget about this. Since novels usually only have texts in them, this is an important rule. Novels are not like comics, they can't just show the action like they are out of the comic book. Usually, comic books explain the action by illustrations but Novels can't do that. So they have to describe it properly so that readers can visualize it.

An example of this is;

"He felt nervous as he opened the door"

This is just telling how he was feeling and what he was doing. If I were the reader, I wouldn't feel the tension of that certain line. So in order to fix that, you should probably do something like this;

"He felt a chill down his spine as his hands were trembling while he was reaching the doorknob. He gripped it tighter before turning it, the door slowly opening."

This is much better since you will feel the nervousness he was feeling and you can't help but feel scared.

♡˗ˏ✎Hope this helps you out!