Chapter 3

I quietly approached him. "hi" I said awkwardly. Nagito quickly turned around with a surprised look on his face witch quickly turned into a soft smile. "well hello there Hinata kun, what brings you here? And how come you decided to talk to a trash like me?" he asked. "But then again" he said in a more mocking tone, "someone without any special talent is obviously going to to be left out from the ultimates. You can't possibly think that someone like you can ever hope for their attention. So you don't have anyone else but me."

I almost forgot how mean he could be. I tried to hide my anger, but he seemed to notice. "come on, I was only joking, you didn't take me seriously, did you?" said Nagito. It sure didn't look like he was joking. I can't belive this guy. What makes him think he has the right to act like that? I wanted to say something mean back, but I decided to ignore my anger. I can't afford to argue with him. My goal for now is to get closer to him. "No, I was just wondering what you were doing. And we've got to stay together, so no one would get killed." It doesn't really sound believable, but it was the best excuse I could find to stay close to him. "don't worry Hajime, I think we're alone at this island. Besides, whoever is responsible for this probably wouldn't go through all that trouble to bring us here if their goal was only to kill us." Nagito answered in annoyed voice. So he really forgot all about the killing game. "But  do you want to hang out?" I asked trying my luck. Komaeda's face was glowing. "why would you want to hang out with trash like me?  I wouldn't want to waste your pretious time. Is it really okay?" He really does seem excised to be in my company.  First he's mean to me, but now he suddenly acts like I'm his favorite person. He's just making fun of me at this point.

We spend a lot of time together, mostly we just walked around the island and talked about various things. Nagito is really wierd sometimes, but he can also be nice and fun to talk to. It felt kind of strange to be able to talk to him so carefree. We could probably be good friends, if I hadn't known about his twisted side. But it was nice to pretend like the killing game never happened. That everyone was okay. It felt nice to be able to forget about all the horrible things that happened on that island, even if just for a brief moment.

We were sitting under the palm trees near the beach on the second island. I couldn't tell what time it was becouse the sky wasn't changing. It made me lost track of time, it felt like nothing mattered anymore. Like I can just forget about my situation and enjoy myself. Seems like we both run out of things to say, we were just sitting there, listening to waves crashing against the cliffs and watching the stars. It was nice. Then Nagito suddenly looked at me, his cheeks were painted in a light shade of red. He was... blushing? I never expected to see him blush. That was very unusual for him. It was actually kind of cute. He looked nervous, like he wanted to say something important. He took my hand and squeezed it with his both hands. I wasn't sure how to react to this. I wasn't used to being touched like this, I rarely had any phisical contact with anyone. Even my family. My parents were always busy with their work and rarely had time for me, and I don't have any siblings. It made me embarrassed. Komaeda looked me straight in the eyes, still blushing. "Hinata, I'm grateful for you being here with me. I feel happy whenever I'm with you. I know it doesn't mean much coming from a trash like me, but I think you're really an amazing person. You were always so nice, even to someone like me. I want to spend more time with you. I like you Hajime. Would you like to be my lover?"