Day 4

"I can't believe this."

Sehun shook his head in disbelief as he watched his childhood friend doing an absolute shit thing in front of him. "What the heck is wrong with you?" he muttered, rolling his eyes as he settled on the couch beside her.

"Oppa, saranghe." Mina made a finger heart, giggling as she watched her favorite idol singing on the tv. "Suho oppa, fighting! Your first solo album is doing wonders."

"I'm changing the channel-" Sehun started, bored as he grabbed the remote.

"You won't get your share of profit since you're letting Joy stay here for half of the rent." Mina deadpanned.

Sehun forced a laugh. "Oh Minu, why are you being so serious? I'm joking. Let's cheer together for your Suho oppa." he smiled widely, and started waving the remote as if cheering genuinely.

Mina giggled, and threw her hands in air. "My Suho oppa! Saranghe! Exo-l is always there for you." she cheered enthusiastically as her idol started singing the next song. "Let's Love... Let's love."

Fuck my life. Sehun thought as he pouted, and leaned back on the couch. Fuck you Mina Sharon. He glared at the woman beside him, but smiled when she caught his eye. "Cheering for Suho oppa!" he did an aegyo, and then looked away, but jumped when saw Taehyung few feet away from him.

The younger stood by the door, munching chips, completely bored out of his mind, and watched the two persons on the couch. "You two are weirdos," he muttered.

"Ya! What did you say?" Sehun grumbled, offended.

"I said you two are idio-"

"Taehyung, aren't you a cute baby?" Mina chirped, and he choked on his chips. "Sehun-ah, do you know our Taehyungie-"

"Noona!" Taehyung laughed out loud, fake, and stared at her pitiful. "I was talking about Sehun. You're the most interesting, intelligent, beautiful, gorgeous person I have ever met! Sehun... He's an idiot."

Mina smiled. "Really Taehyungie?" she asked, and he nodded, his cheeks hurting from smiling so wide. "Okay." she shrugged, and went back to cheer her favorite idol virtually.

Sehun looked between the two, and frowned. "Whatever." he muttered under his breath.

Taehyung scratched the back of his head, and walked upstairs. "Aish! This is annoying," he grumbled, but stopped when heard someone humming nearby.

'And, now the day bleeds into the nightfall... And, you're not here to-'

"Who is here?"

He jumped on his feet, and stepped back when the door opened, and revealed Joy on the other side. "Taehyung? Hi... Umm.. Do you need something?"

"Oh.. You were singing?"

Joy bit her lip, embarrassed. "Yeah. I don't sing good, I'm sorry if I disturbed you. Actually, I used to sing for my father, so I just sang out of habit." she started blabbering. "What about you? How are you here?"

"I forgot that you're staying in my room. So, I came here-" he stuttered.

"Come inside." She opened the door wide.

"Will you be comfortable?" he asked, surprised.

She chuckled. "I know that we've only known each other for two days, but I trust you. Sometimes you don't need days to figure someone out. It's an instinct."

"And, your instincts ask you to trust me?"

Joy smiled. "Ofcourse!" she said as if it was the most obvious thing. She gestured him to come inside, but he stayed away from her. "Taehyung?"

He stared at her. She was beautifully beautiful. He didn't know her, and he didn't want to, but something about her was attracting him. She seemed straight forward, yet careful with her words. Her eyes... He wanted to loose himself there, and know about her more and more. Her pretty smile used to annoy him just yesterday, but right now when she smiled, confused with his stare, his heart melted.

"You're creeping me out, you know." Joy's hand played with the handle, and he came out of his trance. "Is something wrong?"

Shall I ask her out? Clearing his throat, he opened his mouth to say something, but then remembered his previous relationships. All failures. He again looked at her, and shook his head. She was out of his league. Just day 3, and he already knew she deserved someone better than him.

"Taehyung?"

"Yeah. Nothing." he muttered, and stepped back. "I'll see you later." he smiled lightly, and turned around before walking away.

Joy stood there, and watched him walking away. "I almost thought he was going to ask me out." she pouted, but then smacked her head. "Come on Joyie, Taehyung is out of your league," she told herself.

Little did they both know.

||

"I don't need to know anything."

Baekhyun told himself as he stood few feet away from Hera. She was sitting on the bench alone, and looked sad. A little bit upset, angry and frustrated. He wondered what could be the reason for her to look like that.

Just then, it started raining, and he glanced at Hera, but she stayed there. Stilled. He frowned, and opened the umbrella in his hand, the one Jungkook forced him to take with himself earlier. His brother was sure of weather forecast, and turned out he was right.

He walked towards her, and placed the umbrella over her head. She looked up at once, and stood up to face him.

"Hi." he greeted her, expecting her to get angry.

"Hi." she greeted him silently. "You were out?" she asked, and he nodded.

"Jungkook wanted ice cream." he replied. "Come on, let's go back together?" he wasn't sure if she wanted to come with him, but felt relieved when she nodded, and they started walking towards the guest house direction.

"Thank you, Baekhyun."

"You know my name?" he asked, surprised as he came closer to her.

Hera chuckled. "We've been living under the same small roof for 3 days. What do you expect?" she asked.

"I don't know. Maybe you've got a years ago crush on me?" he teased.

She looked at him, startled. "What?"

Baekhyun grinned. "I'm joking. Don't worry though, if you crush on me. I'm used to it."

"Ya! I don't have a crush on you. Just because I and Jungkook went to school together, and you looked good in your high school senior days, so what?" she started shouting at him as he looked at her, baffled. "It's not like I used to wait for you near school gates when you would come to pick Jungkook after school."

Baekhyun choked. "Huh."

"I didn't even notice that face you used to make whenever you would eat cucumber mistakenly. I and Jungkook went to same college, but I always avoided you because I don't like you. I don't like you. I didn't avoid you because I was afraid of my feelings. It was your cute little face that wanted me to kill you in your sleep. And, I don't want to go to jail. So, I avoided you. I do not like you."

"Okay." Baekhyun blinked.

"You get it now?" she sighed deeply, and he cleared his throat, nodding his head in answer.

"Definitely."

___________