- 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 -

⇢ 𝑭𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

I wanna start with some religious text : 

Islam :

The Prophet Mohammed, the Muslim Prophet said : "O people, your Lord is One, and your father is One; you all descend from Adam, and Adam is from the earth. Surely, the noblest among you in the sight of Allah is the most pious, no superiority of the Arab over the non-Arab, nor of the non-Arab over the Arab, nor of the white over the black, nor of the black over the white, except in piety. "(Ahmed et al Tirmidhi).

Interpretations have shown that racism is thus forbidden in Islam and that it should not be present in our societies. Other interpretations explain that the Prophet also spoke of equality between Men with a capital M, thus also women (so human beings actually). However, Islam does not advocate equality, but equity in the sense that women are different from men.  

He (The Prophet) also said, "Heaven is at the feet of your mothers" and "The best among you is the one who is the best to his wives, and I am the best among you in this matter."

Many people denounce the submission of women in Islam compared to men because of the veil. However, a minority of women say they are forced, and when they are forced, they take it away as soon as they leave the family home or place of "oppression". It's a choice, not a blush.

Equality is supported despite the debates still going on today.

Christianity :

In the Epistle to the Galatians (3; 28), St. Paul writes :"All of you who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ; there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus".

"God created man (Adam) in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them."

Man and Woman are created different, according to the Bible, in equality, to speak, even to confront each other, to help each other face life's problems. So there is no inequality in this religion as well.

Judaism :

I haven't really found any holy text on this subject. But there is some debate about the phrase "Blessed are you for not making me a woman" that Jews recite in the morning. It can be seen as a negative view of the important role of women. However, being a believer myself I cannot draw conclusions just on one sentence because I am not at the level to interpret religious texts.

Buddhism :

The fourteenth Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, makes regular comments on his vision of the feminine condition, judged sometimes positively, sometimes negatively by public opinion.On the one hand, he declares himself to be a feminist, and calls for equality between women and men, as he considers our current societies to be still patriarchal. He also insists on the preponderance of the loving mother figure. In addition, he left the door open to her possible reincarnation as a woman, and explains: "Women, biologically, are more capable of showing affection and compassion. Women should be more important in the world".

Yet, In one of his books, the Dalai Lama also asserts that there is "nothing pure in a woman's body," a phrase to be put into a new context dealing with the blind attraction of men to women.

So there is no inequality here, too.

Other religions :

 Someone has other information perhaps ?