Chapter twenty five

Christines point of view

I held Eriks hand as he walked into the hotel with me. I stood close to him as he talked to the man at reception to get the key.
"We won't have any use for our bags at dinner so why don't we pop up quickly and drop them off?"
"Alright darling that sounds good" I smiled and followed him in into an elevator and up to the 8th floor.
"Here, you do 'the honours' Birthday girl" he smiled, handing me the key.
I laughed softly and swiped it in the slider before opening the door and going inside.
"Oh Erik this room is lovely!"
"There is one thing I forgot to mention, so I took the liberty of buying you a swim suit"
"What for?" I asked, a little confused.
"Open that glass door" he smiled and pointed across the room.
I did as he asked and spotted a private spa pool on the balcony.
"I thought we could sit out under the stars after dinner"
"Oh Erik it's perfect! Thank you darling, now how about we get dinner now?"
"It's as if you know my plan! The reservation is in five minutes"

We walked to the elevator hand in hand, the restaurant was on the top floor.
Once we got there Erik spoke to the man at the reservation desk.
"Reservation for Destler?"
The man looked at his computer then grabbed a table number "ah yes right this way Mr and Mrs Destler"
"Oh no we're not.. we're not married" Erik quickly corrected him.
"My apologies sir" the man smiled and showed us to our table.
"I'm sorry about that darling" Erik said, slightly embarrassed
"Oh it's fine Erik these things probably happen all the time!" I smiled, seeing him getting embarrassed.
He smiled too as we looked over the menus together that were on the table.

The meals were wonderful and Erik was very sweet and fed me mouthfuls of his steak to try. We shared some wine and afterwards we went back to our room and got changed to go into the spa which was in the balcony.
"How's the water?" He smiled at me as he appeared at the door wearing his swim shorts.
"It's warm honey come join me" I smiled warmly at him.
He smiled and climbed in, sitting next to me.
I snuggled closer to him once I felt his arm around me
"I love you darling, happy Birthday"
"Thank you darling, I love you too" I smiled before kissing him sweetly.