2

The weekend...
NATHALIA
It's a lazy day today, I'm in my room watching phone while my sister is in the kitchen talking to Joseph...like always.
Ring
Ring
Maisy...
"Yes?" I say answering the phone.

"Can you please come with me to the sandlot? Please?" At this point she was actually begging. At first I didn't know what the sandlot was, but I assumed it was where her brother plays baseball at.

Slapping my forehead I took a deep breath, "Fine. I'll go, but I am not going to be even close to those boys."

"Thank you so much, get ready I'll be at your house in 5 minutes." Then she instantly hung up. I let my hair down and changed my pjs into something better.

(Author: For some reason I really like showing outfits the character wears because it shows more of their aesthetic/style, and I think it's really fun:))

After a few minutes of getting ready, I walked outside of my room and into the kitchen, I walked in on Cynthia and Joseph mumbling something about me on the phone.

"....besides, she really needs to... I don't know, let loose." She says before seeing me walk in the kitchen. I ignored her because I'm used to her always complaining about me. After, I made my way to the front door.

As I put my green converse on, Cynthia began talking to me, "Where are you going?" She asks sounding like my mom.
"With Maisy?" I say.
"Hold on, I'll be back." She tells Joseph before walking towards me.

She looked at me up and down, before I could open the door she began talking, "Cute shirt... Trying to impress a...boy?" She said with a sassy tone. That stupid tone of hers pisses me off so much.

She tried reaching for my hair, I immediately slapped her hand, "No, besides, there is no one to impress, except for myself. Probably the way opposite for you, Miss.Popular." I fired-back then opened the door and exited my home. Maisy was already walking on my sidewalk with Bertram. Did I mention they're twins?! I'd kill to have a twin brother instead of Cynthia.

"Hey, Nat. Looking good, like always." Complementing me she winked.

"Ugh, you're making me blush." I said walking down the few steps of my porch.

"Wheres he going?" I ask as I see Bertram cross the street and knock on the house across from mine.

"That's where his friend Benny lives, come on." She says walking ahead of me.

CYNTHIA
I was so bummed about the stupid rule my moms came up with. The only reason I'm so hard on my sister is because she only cares about herself, sometimes she tells me the same. So I guess she's rubbing off on me, or I'm rubbing off on her?
"Your sisters lame dude." Joseph says as I called him.