chapter 3

chapter III

"who is she."

the coldness of the man's voice stung y/n. she couldn't see his mouth because it was covered by a cloth, but his dead eyes combined with the sound of his voice was enough to frighten her.

before y/n could speak, chrollo interjected.

"her name is y/n, she is a student of the nen user who's nen i took today." he said calmly.

"why is she here." the man with the covered mouth asked in response.

the green eyed blonde elbowed him, "feitan, don't question the boss."

the man with the clothed mouth then walked away from them without receiving his answer.

the blonde shrugged, "sorry about that, i'm shalnark!"

"there will be time for introductions later shalnark." chrollo replied before dragging y/n through the room and into another room, this time alone.

the room was dimly lit by a light on the ceiling, it had a small couch and a bookcase in it. chrollo closed the door behind them and let go of her wrist, "you better not think you can run." he said, turning to face her.

y/n looked back at him, "i promise i won't run, i'm just grateful that you spared me." she said.

chrollo looked a little confused at her gratitude, nevertheless he continued,

"i can't fully trust your promise, so i will need to keep close tabs on you." he went on, "as of now, you will be within my sight at all times." he finished.

y/n looked surprised, she didn't realize she was going to be staying with him. she honestly thought that they'd just lock her up. she thought again how lucky she was, because of this, she smiled,

"ok." she replied simply.

chrollo looked very confused at this, he didn't understand why she was smiling. "why do you look happy about this?" he asked in a curious tone.

y/n looked at him, "i'm just thankful you decided to keep me alive." she said, her gaze not faltering.

chrollo was very interested in the way she had behaved just now, this was part of the reason he wanted to keep her around. she was expressing gratitude, even though he had practically kidnapped her. something about this unpredictable behavior just drew him in, that and, he had some sort of attraction to y/n that he did not understand the nature of yet.

chrollo nodded, "do you have any questions about our little arrangement?" he asked,

y/n thought for a minute, "why does everyone here refer to you as boss?" she asked,

chrollo smirked, he thought she would have picked up on it by now

"why do you think?" he asked simply,

y/n's expression became thoughtful, there was only one reason that everyone referred to him as boss, a reason she hadn't been willing to consider earlier.

"y-you're the leader of the phantom troupe?" she asked uneasily.

"i'm surprised you only just realized." chrollo said with a smirk, stepping closer to her.

y/n thought back to earlier, the other man who had accompanied chrollo had looked a lot more intimidating than he did. this is part of the reason she was so hesitant to acknowledge the fact that the man before her was the leader of the phantom troupe.

y/n's thoughts were interrupted by chrollo's voice,

"lost in thought are we?" chrollo asked, observing y/n's expression.