chapter 7

chapter VII

what was this woman doing to him.

emotions were not chrollo's forte, they never had been. especially emotions like these, feelings towards another person. he didn't fully understand them, which was part of the reason he was determined to keep y/n around so he could finally grasp the concept.

"you don't look half bad yourself" he said, in response to y/n's earlier comment.

"thanks i think.."

y/n turned away and blushed, chrollo's flattery had this effect on her almost every time.

chrollo smirked at her reaction, he thought she was rather cute like this.

y/n knew how wrong it was to be flattered like this by someone like chrollo. he had really kidnapped her more or less, even if she went somewhat willingly. yet there was still an undeniable attraction. maybe it was because he was attractive, or maybe there was something else about him that intoxicated y/n.

the two sat on the couch in silence for a few minutes,

y/n was getting bored, there were still almost 10 hours until the meeting chrollo was bringing her to. she decided to take a chance and ask chrollo to curb her boredom.

"i'm bored, do something"

chrollo was taken aback by her direct demand, he didn't know how he was supposed to entertain her.

"are you really in the position to be asking things of me?" he replied,

y/n just shrugged, "you're the one who kidnapped me.."

"i suppose so..." he replied, a bit surprised by her bluntness.

"so?" she asked, still waiting for something,

he didn't know what he was supposed to say, he didn't know how to keep her busy. most of his time was spent on troupe missions or preparing for missions. when he wasn't doing that, he was usually alone. it's true that he'd spent some time with people before on missions, he spent a lot of time with women using his charm to get information. this was different though, y/n wasn't just a random woman that he could use charisma to distract.

"would you like to read something?" he asked, this was the only idea he had so far.

y/n didn't look interested, she had already taken a quick look at chrollo's literary collection and she couldn't be bothered to read any of the big books.

chrollo noticed her disinterest and decided to suggest something else,

"we can walk around the building if you'd like" he said, awaiting her response.

y/n looked more interested at this idea, she liked the idea of not being cooped up in his room all day.