chapter 4

chapter IV

"close the door."

y/n obliged, shutting the door behind the two of them. she followed chrollo as he made his way to the couch in the room before he took a seat, he motioned for her to take a seat beside him, y/n quietly obeyed.

chrollo turned to look at her, y/n did the same so they were facing eachother.

"this is my room, it's where you will be staying." he said

y/n's heart rate quickened at those words,

"now tell me about yourself" he continued, making eye contact with her.

y/n found this to be a somewhat strange request, especially coming from someone like him.

"what do you want to know?" she asked,

"tell me about your nen." he replied.

y/n's lips turned down at this, he had insulted her nen just minutes ago in front of the troupe and now he wanted to know about it? she wasn't thrilled to tell him about her nen after he had assumed so much already.

"no." y/n said simply, not willing to entertain his request anymore.

"what do you mean no?" he said, his eyes widening slightly at her blunt answer.

the word 'no' wasn't a word chrollo had been familiar with for a long time. ever since he had founded the phantom troupe, almost everything went his way, his word was law as far as the troupe members were concerned. this is why he was so caught off guard by y/n's defiant answer.

"mr. lucilfer, you obviously don't think my nen is very useful so why tell you about it" she said, momentarily looking away.

chrollo's heart rate increased ever so slightly when he noticed that y/n had addressed him directly for the first time.

"i never said that." he retorted,

y/n was conflicted, chrollo had been so merciful as to spare her life, yet his words were so damaging to her pride, she could feel herself becoming frustrated with his answers.

"you said you didn't think i could best any of the troupe members."

"yeah, i don't think you could" he said, not understanding the issue,

y/n frowned, he insulted her nen capabilities over and over again.

this time, upon noticing y/n's change in expression, chrollo's eyes softened. he finally understood that he had upset her with his words.

"please forgive me, i didn't mean to doubt your nen abilities, i only mean that it doesn't seem you have much combat experience."