chapter 6

chapter VI

"no problem"

y/n slowly spun around to see chrollo now with his back turned to her, walking into the other room to take a shower.

she couldn't believe what had just occurred, her heart felt like it was about to beat right out of her chest.

she placed her own hand on her waist, where chrollo's hand had been, almost as if she were verifying with her senses that it had really happened.

y/n removed her hand and shook her head, trying to shake off what had just happened as something normal. she decided she would read into his actions later and for now she would take a seat on the couch.

chrollo was thinking about what had just happened too, as the warm water soaked into his skin he replayed his actions in his mind, replayed how his heart had felt when he touched her like that.

only around 10 minutes had passed since chrollo left to shower but y/n was already becoming bored. she had already entertained the ideas of escape in her mind, but they all ended with her dead. y/n decided staying here out of her own free will for a while wasn't the worst thing that could happen. besides, maybe after a while one of the troupe members might decide to teach her how to perfect her zetsu if she asked them nicely. they all had to be pretty skilled at using nen after all.

after a few more minutes, y/n decided to pick up a book from the tall shelf in front of her. she stood up and walked to the shelf before closing her eyes and blindly picking a book. y/n pulled it out, it was a old looking book in a dialect she didn't understand. y/n sighed before starting to put it back.

at that moment, she spun around as she heard the bathroom door being opened, followed by seeing chrollo walk out wearing black pants and a similarly colored shirt. his hair looked different, it wasn't gelled back anymore, his wet hair hung around his face, almost framing it. he looked a lot less intimidating then yesterday when he had it gelled back and was dressed in a suit.

chrollo glanced at y/n's position,

"doing some light reading?" he asked, eyeing the book which she hadn't gotten the chance to put back yet.

"y-yeah.." y/n answered, turning back around to slide it back into the shelf.

chrollo smirked at her stutter, he was noticing it happened often when they spoke.

chrollo walked over to where y/n was standing, before taking a seat on the couch behind them.

y/n made a move to take a seat before stopping,

"may i sit?" she asked,

chrollo raised his eyebrows, her asking permission for things amused him.

"of course, no need to ask." he replied,