Chapter 43

I was sitting at my desk with a number two pencil in hand and lined paper beneath my fingers

I was sitting at my desk with a number two pencil in hand and lined paper beneath my fingers. The only sounds present were soft snores coming from my brothers in their rooms, cars coming down my neighborhood, and the train sounding its whistle. 

But none of those sounds bothered me. I was in too deep of focus. I was in my 'writing mode' for once, and was takin' advantage of it. 

I absolutely love to story-tell in my songs, and that's what I was doing in that moment. 

We were reading Romeo and Juliet in class and let's say I got a little inspired. Even though I had never been in a relationship, I carefully dissected the story, although with Shakespear's writing it was a difficult task so I took to taking note of what I understood. 

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet!

And I was crying on the staircase, begging you, "Please don't go"  As I wrote the lyrics onto the page, a lightbulb flickered on and I kept writing. 

It was sounding more like a Soc and Greaser love story the more I wrote. Even I was intrigued with what I was writing down. 

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess 

It's a love story, baby just say, "yes"

An object hitting my window pulled me away from my thoughts. I rolled my eyes, turned around, and slightly jumped seeing my best friend standing outside.

"Hey, what's up, John?" I asked as I opened the window. 

"Wanna come to the lot with me?" I looked behind me and bit the inside of my lip.

"I don't think Darry would be too happy... oh, why not." I grabbed my journal, gutair, jacket, and shoes, and carefully climbed out. I left the window creaked and made sure my light was off, then began walking.

"So, everything okay?" 

"Yeah, I just wanted to spend some time with ya, that's all. Figured we could stargaze for awhile and talk."

"Ooh, you can help me with my song!" I excitedly added.

"What's it about?"

"We're reading Romeo and Juliet in English. I got inspired and started writing, but the more I write, the more it sounds like a soc and greaser love story." I snickered.

"That sounds cheesy to me." He joked. I gently hit his arm.

"Haha, very funny."

"You got a watch?" I took my wrist and showed him the watch that once belonged to my mother.