Chapter 8

"Psst. Adalie Curtis, waky waky." An obnoxious voice wakes me up. I stretch, groan, and switch to the opposite side. The one and only Two-bit Matthews throws the covers off of me, causing me to wrap myself in a ball for warmth. 

"Get uppppp." 

"Why thoughhh, it's too early for this." I groan while laying on my back. 

"We're gonna have us a Two-bit and Adalie day. We haven't had one of those in a while." That made me smile. I love Two-bit to pieces. He's just so fun to be around. He's rubbed off on me some and I don't mind at all. We always used to have days just to ourselves where we would just hang out and enjoy each other's company, but I've been so much time with Pony and Johnny lately that I haven't spent as much time with him. 

"Alright, I'm up," I say before realizing Darry made a cake last night and I knew Steve and Two-bit would be the first ones to get it. With that, I sprung up and ran into the kitchen to see Steve opening the fridge and Darry drinking coffee and reading the paper. 

"STEVE, TWO-BIT ATE THE CAKE." Steve let go of the handle, cursed under his breath and started to chase Two-bit around the house. 

"What some goons." I snicker and get the cake out of the fridge. I carefully set it on the table and put a piece on a saucer and see Darry looking up at the two nuts every once in a while. 

"Good mornin', Dare." I chuckle.

"Mornin', Brownie." He replies.

"How's your mornin' been?" 

"Just fine until the two stooges came in." As soon as Darry said that, Sodapop walked in the room lookin' like he just rolled out of bed. 

"Oh look, there's the third one!" I giggle. Sodapop walked up to me and put me in a headlock. 

"What'd you just call me, horsey girl?" 

"What'd you just call me?" Ponyboy and I unexpectedly smart off at the same time. He just walked into the room. 

"Y-Yes, Pony, I called you a girl," Sodapop says in between laughter. I looked over at Darry to see him laughing too. That's a rare moment to see. The only person who can make him laugh now is Sodapop. By this time, Steve stopped chasing Two-bit when they heard us. Steve's eyes suddenly darkened and Two's mouth dropped. 

"ADALIE." 

"Haha, this has been a fun morning, uh, I'm gonna just go get ready now." I slowly back up then run into my room and lock it. Banging on my door lasted for about a minute and then Darry told them to cut it out. I ignored them and picked out my outfit during that time. I threw on Darry's old denim button-up, a black skirt, black tights, combat boots, and a red bandana. I made sure to put on a white undershirt and rolled the sleeves, unbuttoned it, and tied the bottom. I was going for a Rosie the Riveter type of look today. It makes sense because my middle name is Rosie and Pony calls me Rosie. I left my hair down and poofed my hair a little before I tied the bandana. To put the cherry on top, I put on very light amounts of makeup and added mascara and red lipstick. I almost never wear makeup, only on rare occasions. I couldn't call this outfit done without adding red lipstick.. it just wasn't gonna work that way. I smiled wide once I completed the outfit. I already know guys are gonna catcall, but I could care less. I should be able to express my style without getting judged in public. Enough being in my thoughts. I grabbed my switchblade, stuck it in my boot, and went into the living room. 

"My twin is lookin' mighty nice this mornin'." Michael compliments. 

"Thanks, twinnie." I smile. 

"Uh, Soda, I think Adalie has you beat on the best lookin' sibling," Steve says. Soda chuckles. 

"Alright, but I'm a close second." The gang gushed over me for a while longer before I got tired of all the attention. 

"I think that's enough attention for one day. Let's go, Mickey." 

"Where y'all goin'?" Darry asked.

"I don't know yet, but Two-bit and I are having a Two-bit and Adalie day." 

"Well, be careful. You got your blade?" 

"Yes, sir." 

"Come on, Minnie." 

"See ya later, y'all." I wave goodbye and head out the door with Two-bit. 

I'm so sorry it took me this long to update. I'm trying to come up with unique ideas for this story but bare with me. I'm doing my best. <3

Please don't forget to follow, vote, and comment! Thanks for reading! <3

-Morgan :)