Chapter 1

Scarlett's POV

"P-p-please sto-op." I whimpered.

I was just on my way home when suddenly five guys came up to me and started slapping, kicking, and punching me at the park.

They pulled onto my hair and dragged me a few feet away from the street into a much hidden place. Two of them picked me up and held my arms so I wasn't able to move and fight back.

"You're pathetic." One of them said before throwing one big punch on my stomach. I groaned in pain, I wanted to scream and hold on to my stomach, but another guy covered my mouth with his hands.

"Bitch." He said before slapping me across the face and they left, just like that.

I fell to the ground and touched my cheeks, and I could really feel it getting red and burning up. I needed to go home. I tried my best to help myself up, and successfully I did, but I was limping. My house was just near the park, so I was able to reach home in no time.

I opened the front door and went inside. My mom wasn't at home, well most of the time, she never was. I got up to my room, I locked the doors behind me and limped my way into bed. I got under the duvet, but I was still in a sitting position.

I stared out the window, and could feel a tear rolling down my cheek, until more and more tears came.

I thought to myself, why would they even do that to me? I never did anything wrong to them! Why did they have to make my whole life a living hell? Don't they have a heart for respect and care? I mean, c'mon, I'm a girl, and guys aren't supposed to hurt girls. But everytime I have bruises because of their punching and slapping, it just fades. The pain they give to me everyday hurts, it just hurts. Not just physically, but emotionaly. And what hurts the most out of all the that, is that one of them was my best friend. well, used to be...

Let me introduce myself, I'm Scarlett Jenson, 17, I live in Holmes Chapel. I have brown burgundy hair, which flows naturaly straight pass my shoulders, and I have bluish grey eyes. I'm 5"5, I'm not fat nor that skinny, but I'm fit, well, very fit.

My dad died almost a year already, he was diagnosed of leukemia. I cried for a week after hearing the news. So now, I live with my mom, Kate. My mom isn't at home that often because she has these business trips that she needs to go to. And trust me, she gains loads of money, that's why we have this massive house, it's one of the biggest ones in the neighborhood.