Chapter 44

*Harry's POV*

I looked at each house that I'd walk by, her house has got to be here. As much as I wanted to forget about everything that happened today, I would. I really would.

I wasn't really that surprised when I found out that she did that kind of thing, it was a little bit expected, honestly. But one of the worst part of it is, she had to lie to me. And I hate people lying to me.

She made me believe that she wanted to be different, a good different. And I still remember that night...

Flashback

Man, I'm so tired of these parties. It was the same thing over and over: Red cups, beer, music, dancing, girls, getting laid, wasted. I excuse myself as I walk passed people, hoping to find the stairs. My feet were tired of standing up for too long, and I really would want to just lay down.

The first door I tried was locked and I could hear weird noises coming from inside. Knowing what it was, I went on to find any room that was vacant. Gladly, I found one and closed the door behind me. The bedroom was simple; a pale orange color, a queen sized bed, some pictures on the dresser, and a painting of a grape field somewhere in Verona, Italy.

I sigh, sitting down on the edge of the bed and let my back hit the soft mattress. My eyes slowly fell, dreaming of a humble sleep or maybe a short nap. Just some rest was all I needed, but I didn't have it since I was quickly awoken by the sound of a toilet flush and door open. My eyes widen as I sat up from bed, looking at the person that came out of the bathroom.

"Cristine?" I whispered.

She seemed to be alarmed also, she jumped back in surprise and gasped. I looked at her, hoping she would sense that I just asked her a question. When she seemed to get a hold of herself, she closed the door behind her and I could see a smile on her face.

"Hey, Harry..." She sits down on the bed next to me.

Me and her weren't that close, I guess were friends but we don't talk that often. Back in my first year of High School, she would ask me questions about some school work and projects, or asked how I was and I guess, that was the only type of 'conversation' we had.

"What are you doing up here?"

"I could say the same thing for you, Styles." She chuckles.

I knew about her reputation and to be fair, I didn't quite like it. But she does.

"Got tired." I shrug.

"Me too, I'm tired." She sighs and lays her head on my chest, then adds, "Of everything."

I was taken back a bit, what did she mean by that?

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." She says, wrapping her arms around my torso and leans closer.

I didn't know what to do or to say, do I just hesitantly put an arm around her. Was she sad? Or you know, tired?

"Do you ever get the feeling of being misunderstood?" She spoke up.

"Sometimes, why?"

"Well, I'm just so sick of being mistreated by others. I hated hearing all those nasty comments people in school say about me, it hurts, y'know. They all think I'm this fucking slu-" I cut her off, "Cristine, don't say that."