Aerodynamics

In this chapter, Peter is ace/aro, which means he doesn't feel sexual or romantic attraction. if you don't like that, don't read this chapter because it's the main point of the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter loved his friends. He loved Ned and he loved MJ, in a totally and completely platonic way. He was, in general, very social with them, and they were fairly social with him. They were supportive of him, and he supported them. 

To the Avengers, however, Peter seemed a bit too affectionate with his friends. It was really quite funny how they tried to uncover his attraction, without being aware that he was asexual and aromantic. 

Peter was chattering eagerly away on a phone call with Ned. "Oh my gods, you fought them off with a water pistol? I flipping love you!" He exclaimed suddenly, laughing. Everybody in the penthouse living room turned to look at him, surprised by his declaration of love to the person on the phone. Peter, oblivious of their stares, continued to laugh and chat with Ned about anything and everything that interested them. 

A few days later, Peter and MJ were watching telly in the living room. Peter was falling asleep on MJ, but she didn't mind much. She just patted his head as he leaned on her. Tony and Steve, who were sitting by the kitchen counter, watched the two teenagers. They're totally dating; Tony thought. 

"So," Steve began, the next morning. "Peter, is MJ your girlfriend?" He asked, one eyebrow raised. Peter, who was sitting on the couch and listening to SIX The Musical, gave him a funny look. "No? Why would you think that? Girlfriends aren't really my area." He answered, and Steve thought on that for a minute. "You seem very close." He remarked. Peter nodded. "She's my best friend!" He said, grinning widely. 

Tony spoke up. "Well then, what about Ned? Is he your boyfriend?" Peter gave him another funny look. "Guys..." He said slowly and carefully, as if speaking to a child. "I'm ace/aro." The Avengers in the room stared at him, confused. Peter sighed. "It means asexual and aromantic. I'm not attracted to anybody, sexually or romantically." He explained, and the superheroes nodded their understanding.

"Oh, I thought you said ace/AERO, as in aerodynamics." Scott blurted, and the rest of the people lounging around laughed. "Yeah, at any mention of sex or romance, I blast myself into the air and land several miles away." Peter joked, smirking playfully. Everybody laughed harder.

~~~~~~~~

not really sure how to end this, so i'll leave it like this
hope you enjoyed!

~Dolphin