Ch. 26

It was the evening of the Grammy's, and Ricky had spent all day getting ready for the award show.

Ricky helped zip up her dress. Nini had clipped up her hair so her earrings and necklace would show.

"Will you help me with the necklace." she asked, handing the delicate beads to him and turning away from him.

She yelped in surprise when she felt his lips on her neck.

"Richard!" she chastised, "The necklace."

"I love your neck." he said, his breath tickling said neck as he latched the necklace, "You look so beautiful."

"Thanks." she said with a slight blush.

She turned and tugged him close by the lapels of his tux jacket.

"You look pretty great yourself." she whispered before pulling his head down to kiss him.

"Mmm." he mumbled, "We gotta go."

"Pity." she said, releasing with a sigh

But truly, she was so excited. The limo ride was short and soon they were gestured to the red carpet. Nini was glad that she had decided on purple ballet flats instead of heels, because the length of the carpet was extensive. Still being new to these sorts of events, she followed her husband's lead, stopping at certain points for pictures and others for interviews. They mostly wanted baby news from her. But one reporter wanted to find out about her dress. Nini smiled.

"My dress was designed and made by one of my best friends, Brookelynn Heethuis." she said, "Remember that name. She's gonna be huge."

Soon they were in the theater. They had quite a wait before the show would start. Getting everybody down the carpet was a large feat.

"This is incredible." she said, pulling her phone out of her dress and snapping some pictures, sending them to their friends.

Nini forced herself to remain calm as more and more celebrities filled the theater.

"Ricky! Nini!"

Nini grinned as Taylor Swift hurried toward them best she could in her heels.

"I'm gonna sit with you guys." she said, shuffling past them to sit next to Nini.

"It's so good to see you." Nini said, accepting a hug from her friend.

"You too sweetie and congratulations on your nomination." Taylor said, talking in her fast manner, "Good luck."

"Thanks." Nini said.

Finally the award show began, hosted by LL Cool J. Unfortunately, Ricky didn't win Best New Album or the New Artist award, but...

"And the winner Song of the Year goes to... Ricky Bowen for Break My Heart!" Selena Gomez announced.

Nini and Taylor let out a squeal, hugging Ricky before he walked up on the stage. He hugged Selena as she handed him the award and he stood in front of the microphone.

"Thank you, thank you all." Ricky said as the applause died down, "Thank you for all your support. But I really thank my wife, Nina. She wrote the song and I couldn't have done it without her. I also want to thank my son and daughter for just being my kids and the little girl that's on the way. Most importantly, though, I want to thank the fans. I wouldn't be standing here today if it wasn't for your support. Thank you and I love you all!"

Applause rang throughout the theater as he walked backstage. Once Ricky walked backstage, he was caught off guard when someone jumped on him, causing him to stumble back while simultaneously trying to catch the person. "What the-?" Ricky questioned before looking at whoever he caught. Kat Graham had managed to jump on him, locking her legs tightly around his waist and giving him a tight hug. "I knew you were the winner, Ricky. None of those talentless losers compare to you." She whispered in his ear, seductively... Or so she thought. Ricky coughed uncomfortably while setting Kat back on the ground. Nini had managed to struggle out of her seat to head back stage to congratulate him and when she spotted him, she saw something she never thought she'd see.  At least she never thought she'd see it again.

Kat saw Nini making her way towards Ricky from the corner of her eye. Ricky was just about to turn and walk away, when suddenly, she smashed their lips together, shoving her tongue in his mouth, and backing him against the nearest wall. And the worst part is... he didn't pull away.
________________________________
I had a really hard time writing this chapter. Idk why.