HOME

DUA'S POV

It has been 3 months since Hanif and I came back home and I have to say, they have been amazing. I'm really loving the new Hanif.
After going to rehab you can actually see that he has changed for the best. I've never been so happy. He dots over me consistently. All I can say right now is Alhamdulillah.

My prayers have been answered.

He'd bring me breakfast in bed, surprises me with little things that mean the world to me.

We are always taking silly selfies, going out together, holding hands in public, basically doing a lot of things frowned upon by the people of northern Nigeria (PDA).

Once we went out for dinner and the next day our pictures ended up on an Instagram page called Northern Hibiscus with loads of comments with the hashtag "goals"

But what can we say ?

We have never been happier.

We try to always pray our sallah and read the Qur'an together when Hanif is not at work, I am in love with his recitation, it's just so beautiful, MashaAllah.

So today we decided to go out on a lunch date, he took me to the craziest place ever,a new restaurant owned by one of his close friends, opened across town and we were invited for the grand opening, it was cheesy and romantic at the same time.

But sadly after lunch, Hanif had to go to back to work because he had a meeting with an investor.

So when I got home, I jumped straight into the pool for a lovely afternoon dip. It was very refreshing.

I've always loved cooking, so for dinner, I decided to actually cook for him, for the first since we got married, after that I jumped in the shower and waited for his return.