4- Excuses

Jade just lied in bed all day. The cooling seemed to help a bit when she took a look at herself in the mirror later that day. It still hurt very much though, she wanted to take another ibuprofen but decided to eat something before taking the pill. She went downstairs and hoped to be able avoid Jed, she went quietly into the kitchen and closed the door immediately. She searched the fridge for some snacks, she decided to fry an egg. After a few moments, Jed stood in the doorframe.

"Hey.." he said carefully.

Jade looked up but did not bother to say anything.

"Can you make me an egg as well?" he asked friendly.

Jade sighed "Sure" she took a second egg and added it into the pan.

While Jade was cooking, she successfully ignored Jed but when the egg was finished she had to sit down with him at the table. He looked at her intriguingly while she ate her meal. It was very hard to ignore him but she did not want to give him any attention.

"Jade?" he asked still not having touched his egg.

"Eat Jed. It will get cold" she instructed.

"Jade.." he shook his head "I can't live like this... please talk to me"

He stood up, walked around the table and kneeled next to Jade. When he was so close to her she could immediately smell the alcohol.

"Did you drink something?" she asked strictly.

"I... no.. well... I am really stressed out by this" he stuttered trying to justify his behavior.

Jade laughed "YOU are stressed out by this?"

Jed sighed "What else do you want me to do? I said sorry and that I love you"

Jade shrugged "I don't know. I just need time"

Jed groaned and went back to his chair to eat.

*the next day*

Jade got up extra early so she could go to their stylists first and the girls would not see the marks on her face, she also picked a big bracelet to cover the bruise on her wrist. When she entered the make up room one hour early, their stylist Tom had just started preparing everything, he looked surprised to see Jade.

"What are you already doing here? You girls are only meant to be here in like an hour"

"Ohh what? I must have mixed up the time" Jade quickly lied.

"Well... better than being one hour late" Tom joked.

Jade nodded "Indeed... can you maybe do my make up already then I can quickly go back home before we leave cause I forgot my phone"

Tom sighed "Mhh.. okay. But you girls are really addicted to your phones, so maybe it would be good for you to not have it with you for one day" he teased her.

Jade rolled her eyes "Pleaseee"

Tom shrugged "Well babe.. let's see what we got planned for you today"

He went to grab his noted in which he planned the girls' make up and clothes.

"Okay let's go then" he went to Jade who already took a seat in front of one the mirrors.

When he inspected her, he groaned "Babe.. what is this? I told you guys to not put on any foundation yet. Now we need to take that off first"

"Really? I mean can't we just leave it on.. like where's the problem" Jade tried to convince him to leave it on, so that he won't see the marks.