30- Coming Out

The next day, the girls were sitting together with several representatives of the label who were proposing tour plans for the fall and the spring of next year. The girls were listening patiently, Jade was a bit absentminded, but she still managed to go along well enough, so that no one seemed to notice. After a few hours, the girls could finally leave the meeting and start with what they enjoyed most- singing. They were practicing an acoustic set that was planned for Apple Music in the following week. Before they started rehearsals, there was a short break. Sitting down in the cafeteria, Perrie looked at Jade.

"What do you want to eat, baby?"

"Uh, I'm not really hungry, thanks tho"

"Well you gotta eat something, so I'll just bring you some biscuits" then she stroked Jade's arm, gave her a smile and got up to get the food.

When also Leigh got up, Jesy leaned towards Jade and whispered.

"And how are things going with Pez?"

"Oh great, thanks for asking" Jade smiled and then looked back down.

"So are you two sharing rooms now?"

Jade nodded, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Cool cool... and is Perrie a good girlfriend?"

Jade raised an eyebrow, what a weird question "Yes, amazing actually"

"Uh great to hear"

When Jade didn't say anything else, Jesy bit shrugged "Well seems like someone isn't very talkative today"

"I'm just in a bad mood at the moment"

Jesy nodded "What do you mean bad mood?"

"I don't know... I just feel bad and.. this is stupid... I just gotta get it together"

Jesy looked at Jade and thought a moment, she was a bit worried. Yes, Jade was surely traumatized and not feeling amazing was definitely normal for someone who went through the things she went through, but she was also concerned that Jade might head towards a major depression. And if someone out of the girls knew way too well what that felt like, it was definitely Jesy, therefore, she was very attentive to that development in Jade.

"Are you talking with Perrie... like about how you're feeling?"

"A bit"

So that basically meant no.

Jesy looked behind her to see whether Perrie or Leigh were coming, but they were still busy picking food, so she decreased the volume of her voice even more "Are you cutting again.. or still?"

Jade's head snapped up and she was getting a bit nervous "No, of course not"

"Really?" Jesy wasn't convinced at all

"No" said Jade strongly.

"Well, then show me your arms"

Jade noticed only then, how she was subconsciously holding onto her sleeves to cover her arms. When she crossed her arms now, Jesy sighed.

"It's okay Jade... but have you told Perrie about it?"

"No, have you told her?" said Jade judgmentally.

"No, of course not. It's none of my business. But I think you should tell her"

"Well and I think, it's none of your business" and with that, Jade got up.

"I'm going to take a breath of fresh air"

"Jade..."

"It's fine Jesy, don't worry. Everything's alright" then she left the cafeteria.