( xxiv. old relations ) .* :☆゚

꒰ OLD RELATIONS ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 to call and reschedule a meeting with Enedina like she had promised. She was nervous to meet with the woman about a possible deal and thought it was impossible to make that happen it would mean betraying her own brothers. Still, that wasn't the only thing on Estella's stressed mind she couldn't stop thinking about Miguel and often found herself restless at night just thinking about what he had said. Everything was going difficult the traumatic experience of seeing her personal driver get shot and the kidnapping she had endured. She felt exhausted and wanted nothing more but to be safe and stress-free like she used to be back in her old home of Guadalajara, Jalisco.

"Estella your friend is downstairs. Tell her to hurry we have to meet with Enedina as soon as possible and cannot be late or else she won't give us another chance." Isabella stepped into Estella's bedroom seeing her flattening the luxurious outfit she was going to wear. Estella pinched her eyebrows looking at Isabella wondering why the hell Ana was here without any call. She hadn't spoken to her since the birthday party and that meant catching up to do.

"No hice planes con ella, así que deja de pensar que la invité." Estella sighed picking up her makeup palette and placing it on a nearby table to meet with her best friend downstairs. It felt strange having to speak to her after all this time and almost humiliating to explain her break up with the man she swore she would marry and have children with.

"Aye, no dije nada." Isabella defensively raised her hands as Estella made her way downstairs ignoring the mumbles of annoyance coming from Isabella. She made her way down the stairs her hand holding on to the wooden railing seeing Ana standing near the doorway her purse in her hands while she awkwardly looked around the vast house.

"How did you know I was here?" Estella crossed her arms swallowing the gulp in her throat seeing her best friend alarmed by Estella's state. Ana noticed how Estella had heavy eye bags and her usual confident demeanor was now much sadder. She didn't even recognize her best friend she had grown up with. She seemed different.

"I know you're not together with Miguel it's everywhere now in the media and is so obvious. And it isn't so hard to find somebody's house around here. Although I would be happy for that controversial relationship to end I know how much you loved him and I can see the way it has affected you mentally and physically but I assume your sad state isn't because of one single person only." Ana sighed stepping closer to Estella to try and assist her. Estella pointed to the near sofa and the two sat down to talk about Estella's recent problems.

"You're right. Miguel is still somebody I care about and love, but men suck and that's how it is. But it's been hard these past few weeks and months. To be honest I don't even know what I'm doing. I'm supposed to be meeting with some woman to discuss illegally crossing cocaine across the border when not too long ago I was picking my wedding dress out." Estella held back her tears knowing that at times like this she needed to be strong. She liked the feeling of being in control but was scared to lose herself, and the situation of being kidnapped was something that didn't help those doubts either. Ana shrugged away the topic of illegally smuggling drugs, despite her nervous feeling about it.