Chapter 8: Sincerities

"Grab the mop, you did it, you'll clean it. And yes, I know he attacked you, I'll talk to him once you finish here"

With some short grumbles and some curses under his breath, the tiger shuffled over to the storage closet and got some cleaning supplies, and got to work, which was incredibly amusing mind you.

***

I dismissed Bill and headed over to the infirmary. I know what he did, and why he did it, Bill had herbivore blood on him, and used it to give him a temporary boost for the play. Though, his acting was mediocre at best. I understand what he did.

What I don't understand though, is that damned wolf. One minute he's excessively passive, and now he's beating up jock-like tigers. At this point I don't think I'll ever figure him out.. he's absolutely unpredictable.

I knock in the door, and I am greeted by a female nurse, another herbivore, a gazelle.

"Hello, is everything okay? Did you need something?"

"I'm here to visit someone, a grey wolf. He's tall, quiet. His name is Legosi"

"Go on ahead then"

She allows my entry, and I slowly walk inside, keeping my confident walk about me as to not stir attention. Lo and behold there he is.

The lanky wolf lies down on his side facing a curtain, and I watch his steady breathing as his upper body rises and falls. Around his chest, upper stomach, back, and lower back is a thin bandage, that's wrapped him two to three times over. He looks.. peaceful, for having 3 centimeter gashes in his back.

I sit beside him, with no reason to, really, and gaze at him. I can't take my eyes off of the damned dog.

I get a strong urge, and my hands sort of move on their own, before I know it I'm rubbing through the fur of his upper and forearm gently, ruffling it up. It's soft but rough, as warm as his body is, too, slowly letting it pass through my fingers.

What am I doing?

He's definitely sleeping otherwise he'd question my.. out of line actions.

With my hand rested on his arm, basically petting the big guy.

"Legosi..?" I lean in, "Legosi, wake up.."

I pay no mind to the staff, right now, it's just me and sleeping beauty here. Who might be a heavy sleeper, due to his massive size.

After a few more attempts, he wakes up, and I take my hand off of him before he notices, and I figit with my fingers, still feeling the tingle on them from the fur. However, he most definitely saw my face.

His pupils dilated as if he was afraid of me, and his ears went down like a puppy, to which I held in a laugh, gulping it down like bitter cough syrup.

"L-L-Louis s-senpai?"

As much as I'd like to react as I usually would, to carnivores and peers, I can't, not with this poor wolf

"Yes Legosi, that's me, I wanted to talk to you"

"A-about?"

"Well, for one," I started slowly, "you left a mess of blood on the stage, a kiddie pools worth" I chuckle at my own tease, it wasn't that much, but I can guarantee it was a lot.

He looked at me with concern in this not-so-wolflike eyes

"Hey, as.." I search for the right word, "agitated as I am about the stain on the stage.. your cause was just and noble." Which it was, as understanding as I am with carnivores and their traits and desires, even the annoying ones, Legosi is trying to be a hero. How.. cliché, he wants the moral high ground, and for a carnivore, that isn't out of place. Going to ludicrous lengths, such as possibly ruining a performance, is, however.