Chapter 1: Part 1

They say before you start a war,
you better know what you're fighting for.
Well baby, you are all that I adore,
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

- Angel with a Shotgun, The Cab

c h a p t e r 1 : n i c o

Nico approached the young Apollo boy with a grin so large it stretched to both of his ears. The sun ,being an Apollo kid, seemed to slant just perfectly so that Will's hair became even more dazzling. If that's even possible, Nico thought inwardly. He immediately scolded himself as he met the blonde boy at the end of the green. A small smile played upon Will's lips, and he had his hands tucked in his short pockets.

"What was that ,Death Boy?" he questioned Nico noticing the odd expression plastered against Percy's face. He stood dumbfounded as Annabeth attempted to steer him away. Nico flustered a bit realizing he'd have to admit his sexuality. Maybe that was good, maybe he needed to let it out. Possibly it may help him come to realization with him.

"I told him, erm... That one time I used his toothbrush while he was on a quest." Nico lied twiddling his fingers behind his back. Wow, I thought we were telling him ,Nico...

"Just used his tooth brush? His face seemed like you'd admitted you made out with Annabeth one time!" Will exclaimed watching intently as Annabeth proceeded to yank Percy from the scene.

"I used it to clean my toilet." Nico added uneasily, "it was a dare." Suddenly Nico was very aware of Will's arm brushing lightly against his. He could sense his cold skin demolishing under Will's beaming skin. He could get used to that feeling. For once, he didn't shove the emotion deep inside barley containing it.

It was nice being able to conclude his erupting feelings pleading to burst through his chest. His excitement rattled his heart and his emotions. He missed that warm breeze Will Solace had delivered him during the war. When Jason arrived that morning his heart increased ,yet it melted when he noticed he was just witnessing Jason. Maybe he couldn't admit it yet, but his heart chanted for Will Solace- son of Apollo.

"Alright, but right now you owe me three total days in the infirmary. No buts ,Death Boy." he slowly wandered towards the direction of the infirmary while Nico reluctantly shuffled behind. His mood soon became disappointed considering their arms weren't connecting.

"Don't call me that." Nico mumbled grazing the dirt with his shoes attempting to not begin kicking it.

"Skeleton Buddy?"

"Gods no."

"Bones and Stones?"

"I like Death Boy better."

"How about... Oh! Sunshine!"

"Ew. Your happiness and content disgusts me."

"How about princess?" the smirk Will's lips were forming was almost as good as his hair. Nico hastily plopped that thought to the side and removed a disturbed face to threatening one.

"When you choose your death in a few seconds, would you go for Elysium or rebirth?" Nico retorted grinding his teeth together. They halted at the entrance of the infirmary.

"Death Boy it is." Will decided leaving the door open for Nico. Nico stepped inside allowing Will to herd him towards his assigned room. Many patients were still recovering from the war. Nico recognized a few while they searched for his room. Hammocks clung to the walls in certain areas while others were treated with beds for comfort. Props were decorated around to help boost broken legs from the ground. Bandages with blood seeped through were dressed around brakes, scrapes, and gashes. Past a couple corridors Will finally paused in front of a separate room, not attached to any other patients while a small twin sized bed was neatly placed in the middle of the room surrounded by medical cabinets and machinery.