Chapter 9

It wasn't nighttime yet but since the clouds had suddenly arrived, everything seemed much later than it was. It was dark but with their flashlights they could atleast see where they were stepping. Daniella took the lead while Shelly and Lindsay followed her. The rock was not that wide, so it should be easy to inspect the area around it. The thoroughly searched the area but could not see any sign of their friends. So, the only sensible thing that they could think was to move towards farther away. The kept walking in a somewhat stretched out, horizontal que. It was their attempt to cover more land.

They had decided to go to the caves. There must be someone from the management there, they could tell the what had happened and that would make the process of searching much easier. Lindsay called Elinor and told her their plan, "We should have thought of that earlier, good thinking," she said out of breath. They hung up the phone as they knew that time was not something they could waste right now.

The area became rockier as they got closer to the cave, they made sure that they were looking at every inch of land as they moved on. "I don't even know what we are doing, how can three people cover so much area, I think we should go ad look for someone who could help us," cried Shelly. Daniella was not so sure about that "Did you see the place when we came out of the shop, most of the shops were closed and the visiting dears were almost gone."

Shelly knew what Daniella was saying made sense, but she also did not want to miss out on any chance of making sure their friends were safe. "There has to be someone around here, what happens if we miss out on a spot." Shelly asked Daniella, to which she replied, "What happens if we go looking for help and don't find anyone until it's too late?"

"But-" Shelly's response was cut short as Lindsay stumbled forward and almost fell on her face. The girls quickly came towards her to help but was already up and holding something in her hands. Daniella noticed it was their mat, what was it doing here? Shelly looked at Lindsay and started looking around, the found the cooler a little further. Without thinking the kept shining their light on that track. The were looking on the ground, until the heard a sound, it was faint, but they could hear it. Not very far away from them someone was sitting on a slightly higher rock.

They made a run for it, the path was rocky so they had to be careful. They could not afford to get hurt right now. As the got closer they could make out the words, the girl was shouting for help and if they were not wrong it was a familiar voice. The silhouette became clearer as the got closer. They did not need to look at the face to know that it was Eileen.