Chapter Five - Back to the Future

Chapter Summary: In reality, life is pretty standard for you. You are a college student, with a best friend, a boyfriend, and a good family.

(Modern Time Period) Chapter Recap: Not applicable for this chapter.

Chapter Song: champagne problems, by Taylor Swift♥️

"And hold your hand while dancing

Never leave you standing

Crestfallen on the landing

With champagne problems

Your mom's ring in your pocket

Her picture in your wallet

And you won't remember all my

Champagne problems..."

Chapter Warnings: introduction to new characters, mention of a past family member death, college party, graphic depiction of serious rape/non-consensual activity, drug use, alcohol, emotional and family issues, and no kylo in this chapter

Chapter V - Back to the Future

24 October 2009

"That's fucking insane!!" your best friend Tessa exclaimed, bursting into a fit of laughter and nearly falling off of the park bench in hysterics. You had shown her this viral video of someone in an online YouTube video who had accidentally uploaded something they shouldn't have, resulting in everyone you knew watching them take a ginormous shit.

And most of the rest of the world saw the video, too.

You giggled along with her, completely in awe yet feeling admiration for how stupid people are.

How on Earth could someone be so mindless, yet sometimes you wished you were like them. Oh, to be able to never overthink anything in your life and make these ridiculous decisions and not even feel bad about it.

Life for you, including these moments, has always been quite interesting.

You lived in Brooklyn, New York, a place of the city you found so much internal peace in. It was busy, but the moments where nobody was around always seemed to stick with you the very most. Being able to sit peacefully outside on a bench during some cloudy, fall evenings with the wind blowing in your hair was truly one of the parts you enjoyed the most. Even though occasionally, cars would pass through this part of your neighborhood, it didn't matter.

You nonetheless felt like New York City was a giant hurricane, and you were a lost little speck in it trying to make sense of the storm. And maybe, even that wasn't so bad.

Very similar to today, a chilly autumn evening, as you sat beside Tessa just hanging out together, it was your weekly two days off of school and work. You were really letting go and just letting yourself take a much-needed break.

In school, you were now obtaining your Bachelor's degree in Clinical Psychology. It was your senior year, and you were very excited to move forward and see what would be in your future. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you took classes at New York University, and you made the commute by train at around nine o'clock every morning, arriving back home by four in the evening each of those days.

NY University is how you met Tessa Jones. However, she's minoring in Psychology but majoring in Graphic Design.

At first, you weren't interested in talking to her since she seemed too brilliant, and frankly, you felt like an fucking idiot compared to her. Psychology wasn't even her major, yet she was able to answer nearly all of the Professor's questions with such collected intellect. One day, at the end of your Freshman semester, you two were randomly partnered together for a short group assignment in preparation for the final exam.