K-9 - Part 2

When Stiles went upstairs that night, Olly didn't want to follow him into his room. Stiles frowned at the sight of the dog who was treating the threshold like a big hurdle he could never cross. He sniffed the air and backed off with a little whine.

"What is it, boy?" Stiles asked him, looking around to see what was wrong. His room looked the same to him. It had been mostly the same for years. His desk chair was different, but that was because his good one was now in his college dorm. As was his desk light and some posters from his walls. The chair and the lamp had been replaced, and during Christmas break he had given the walls a fresh paint job. Robin's egg blue, or something like that. Lydia picked it out. Other than that, things were the same. On his desk were some of Olly's toys, together with a little plastic bag of treats. He grabbed it, pulling at the knot. "I've got something here you like," he sing-songed to the dog.

Not even the treats could convince Olly to put a paw inside the room. If anything, he balked when Stiles shook the bag in front of his nose. That was weird, these dog treats were his favourite. There was a big bag of 'm in the kitchen cupboard, but Stiles always had a little plastic baggie of them in his pocket. He even had one now, he realised as he wanted to put the offending bag back in his pocket. He pulled the two little plastic bags back out, remembering how he misplaced one and put a new one in his pocket that morning. Stiles turned back to his desk, suspiciously eyeing the spot where the baggie first sat. Then he looked at his bed.

"I fucking knew it!" he exclaimed, grappling for his phone. It only took three rings for the Alpha to answer his phone. "What did you do to my room?!"

The answering silence was telling; Stiles could practically hear Derek scowling through the phone.

"Olly is afraid to enter my bedroom. What. Did. You. Do?"

"What makes you think I had anything to do with that?"

"You made my bed!" Stiles emphasized his point with a flail of his free arm towards his bed, even though Derek wasn't able to see him do it. The comforter was pulled tight around the mattress, his two pillows neatly on top of the edge of the blankets. Derek's work. Stiles never put his pillows on top, if he ever made his bed in the first place. His dad gave up long ago too, so he didn't do it either. It was Derek. The Alpha came into his room some time today and made his bed, Stiles was sure of it.

"You're yelling at me through the phone because someone made your bed?" Derek asked incredulously. "Good night, Stiles." And then he hung up.

If his phone wasn't so expensive, Stiles would have flung it across the room. Derek was so frustrating! Instead, he opened his texts and sent one out to Scott.

To Scott: [ Derek made my bed and won't admit it. ]
The answer came a few seconds later. It was a string of question marks. Stiles grumbled and typed again.
To Scott: [ Derek came into my room today and he did something. Now Olly is scared to come into the room. Who is gonna keep me warm at night now, Scotty? ]

To Stiles: [ It's the summer. Isn't it warm enough already? ]

To Scott: [ So not the point. ]
To Scott: [ What could Derek have done to keep Olly from the room? ]

He had to wait a little for the answer. The 'why' was an even bigger question, but Stiles could think on that when he knew exactly what Derek had done.

To Stiles: [ It's probably just his scent. He is an Alpha, after all. ]

Stiles pressed the call button and started to talk the moment Scott picked up. "That doesn't make sense. You're an Alpha too and Olly is not scared of you! We were at your house all day and Olly never acted like you smelled funny. Or scary, for that matter."