Chapter 1

Hatter had called a meeting with all the executive members. There were murmurs of confusion as no new cards had been collected, at least that they were aware of, and no one of any relevance had seemingly lost a game.

Silence was finally called upon the table and only then did everyone notice a figure stood a few feet behind Hatter's chair, quietly observing each member sat at the table.

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce a new member if you haven't met her already. This is L/N Y/N. Before you wonder why I'm making sure you are aware of her arrival, I'll tell you all that I think she may be of extreme use to us on our mission here at The Beach." Hatter explained.

As he spoke, you stepped further into the light and bowed towards the various players in front of you. As the new member, everyone was practically glaring straight at you but you felt a strange feeling from a certain pair of eyes roaming up and down your figure, examining each and every feature and curve twice over. You glanced towards the direction of said stare and your eyes met deep brown ones, holding the contact for painfully long seconds until he turned to Hatter and spoke up.

"I thought we were the only ones who don't have to follow rule number 1, so may I ask why she is not in a swimsuit? I'd definitely rather her wear one for multiple reasons." He gestured to you with his gun as an extension of his arm and smirked. Usually, you would have been completely disgusted by such a comment but he had you in a trance. His multiple piercings, his glossy tied-up hair, his loosely fitting shirt. You were almost hypnotised by him.

"Ah yes, well you see, L/N is going to join the militants." Hatter replied cunningly, knowing fully well that on hearing this they would underestimate you, only to be surprised when they later saw you in action.

The hypnotic man rose from his chair and strode towards you, rifle resting on his shoulder. He lifted your chin with the end of his gun, letting your sleek H/C hair fall away from your face. For the first time, he could see every inch of your face clearly, down to every last freckle, and he took a moment to take it all in. Carefully, he dragged your jaw further up and spoke in a slow, intimidating manner.
"I'd like to see how long you last with us, little girl."

This snapped you out of the trance he had previously held you in and you clicked your tongue at the comment. You swiftly smacked the gun away while pulling him into a headlock and took your time in leaning in to whisper your reply.
"I am no one's little girl, got that?" You stated with absolutely no emotion in your voice, emphasising how little his actions scared you.

You harshly released him from your grip and let him make his way back to his chair with a sly grin stretched across his face.
"Well isn't this going to be interesting..."

A/N
I hope anyone who reads this enjoys :) Just before I was planning to publish this, I saw another story that's actually quite similar but I had in fact already drafted this beforehand! Either way, I hope you liked this and I plan to upload more at some point :)
Also, sorry if there's any grammar mistakes, I haven't written something like this in a long time.