What if Rosa Played Baseball

"Hello boys!" I call out as I enter the baseball diamond, my baseball backpack slung over one shoulder. Since I am the only female on the team, I use the girl's locker room, so I usually get to the diamond last as I don't have anyone telling me to hurry up.

"Our ace hitter has arrived!" Kenny shouts, causing a small cheer to run through the boys.

I walk over to the dugout, placing my bag on the floor, grabbing one of my bats, my gloves, and turning my hat around. "That's damn right."

"It's about time that we start practice," Cartman teases from his spot behind home plate.

"Shut up," I chuckle, walking to the batter's box. "We don't even need to really practice with how amazing we are."

"We still should with the championship tournament coming up," Stan rushes up behind me to pinch my sides.

I burst into giggles, dropping my bat, and turning to slap at Stan. "That was cruel. You're such a meanie," I pout.

"Oh, such harsh words," Stan staggers back with a hand over his heart. "How will I ever recover?"

I roll my eyes, "Just get to the mound."

"How many homeruns are you expecting today?" Kyle walks by on his way to shortstop position.

"Too many for you to count," I stick my tongue out at him.

"Can you hit some ground balls and pop flies?" Craig deadpans.

"Hm," I pick my bat up. "Sure can do!" I nod, pointing my bat at him.

"Kevin, take Rosa's spot in left!" Kevin calls to the dugout from his spot in centerfield.

"On it!" Kevin bounds out of the dugout only his hat to his head and with his glove barely on his hand.

"Is this all we're going to be working on today?" Butters asks.

"It helps my pitching, but Rosa is probably the best that she can be at batting, but that doesn't mean the rest of you can't get better!" Stan tosses a baseball into the air a few times.

"Reach higher boys!" Kenny calls out, stretching at first base.

"Alright, start sending them my way, Stan!" I shout, setting up at the plate.

I've lived in South Park for most of my life. My family moved into town when I was about eight, and I've never wanted to leave since. I have become such great friends with all the kids my age, and I knew that when the boys invited me to a baseball game just for fun when little league was right around the corner, I was about to become part of the official team. I proved my worth by being able to hit against Stan, and thus I've gained my position as our ace hitter. With us now in high school, I have no doubt that junior year is going to be our year to shine.

It is a little strange being the only girl on the entire team. At first I know that other girls wanted me to join cheerleading with them and leave baseball for good, but that obviously wasn't going to happen. They gave up once I stopped talking to them and wouldn't eat lunch with them at school. If there's one thing that I know, it is that being on the baseball team is where I belong. I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my spare time.

That does mean that I have to be a bit careful with how relationships develop between me and my teammates. Stan is like a brother, Cartman makes me want to scream, Clyde is too full of himself to notice me, but other than that, I was worried about how the other boys would start to see me if we spent a lot of time together. It didn't take long for Kenny to start flirting with me, and I could tell that Kyle had some kind of crush on me along with Butters, but I did my best to stand my ground against dating teammates. I knew that if things went south, it would be bad for us to be together on the team. It would ruin all the good chemistry we have on the field. Which is why Stan, as captain, made the rule that no one could date me. It didn't matter, I was completely off limits, and I was totally okay with that. Until I started to develop feelings for one of the boys who had clear feelings for me. At least, that's how I was understanding all the flirting to be.