What if Rosa Never Moved Away: Part 1

"Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" Stan exclaims as a pack of feral cats attack the boy parka wearing boy.

"You bastards!" Kyle shouts as he always does.

I have to hold back a giggle at the absurdity of the situation.

This isn't the first time that I've seen Kenny die in some gruesome and disturbing way. Since I moved here when I was eight, about four years ago, I have seen the death of that boy more times than I can count. The first time he was killed in front of me was traumatizing, of course, but when I saw him the next day, I thought maybe my mind had deceived me because no one else was acting like anything was wrong. Regardless, I wouldn't let him go all that day. I hugged him from longer than normal and was always hanging off his arm or holding his hand. The little pervert loved every second of it, but he never asked why. It wouldn't be until two years later that I had to tell him about remembering his death. I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. He was over the moon knowing that I could remember, even if he didn't really know why. It's still unclear why I am able to remember, but I feel a strange honor in being chosen. Kenny can get things about death off his chest whenever he likes, and he'll know that I'll believe him.

"He shouldn't have been messing around with those cats like that," Cartman says.

"I agree," I set my skateboard on the ground, placing on foot on it. "I told him to stop making them mad, but he wouldn't listen," I shake my head. "How does he think we'll be able to take care of some pet in the future if this is how he acts?"

"Well, if he can't listen to his girlfriend, then there may be no hope for him," Stan teases, stepping up to me and slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Shut up," I shove the boy away, feeling my cheeks starting to heat up. "There's only so much that I can do. I like Kenny just the way he is though, and I wouldn't want him to be any less adventurous than he is."

The four of us start walking away, or in my case skating away, from the now demolished corpse of Kenny. There's not much else for us to do now that one of us is unable to hang out, so I'm sure that we'll all just head home to do whatever we want. I'll be waiting until Kenny comes back in the early hours of the morning, and I'm sure the boys will be playing video games until they pass out. The joys of it being summer in South Park.

"What are you going to do now, Rosa?" Kyle asks when my house comes into view.

"I'll probably see with Ash and Karen are doing, since those two are inseparable," I answer. "Then I'll probably draw a little bit before seeing if my mother would like my help with dinner." I shrug, "Just have to get through the rest of the day and then everything will be okay."

"You're quite strong after literally witnessing Kenny kick the bucket in front of us," Stan says. He says this almost every time, so I've gotten to the point of expecting it.

I chuckle, "There's nothing I can do about it, so I just keep my head up. Wait for tomorrow to come." I turn to head up my driveway, stopping to turn back to look at the boys. "I'll see you all tomorrow then! Maybe we can play something with everyone, like that superhero game we've been planning."

"We could if Cartman would just agree to anything we decide," Kyle glares are the mentioned boy. "Why do you have to be such and asshole, fatass?"

"I'm not fat, I'm big boned!" Cartman exclaims.

"We'll figure something out, don't worry," Stan smiles. "See you tomorrow, Rosa."