What If Rosa fell in Love with Kyle

I groan, letting my face fall into the math textbook I have open on my bed. My eyes no longer being able to focus on the numbers and understand what they mean. If I don't take a break now, my brain might explode. "Kyle," I whine. "Can we please take a break? I'm dying over here."

"You don't need to ask permission if you want to take a break, darling," Kyle chuckles. "If you are tired and need to stop, go ahead."

This isn't how all of our dates go, studying in my room while I take up my bed and he sits at my desk. We've gone on plenty of normal dates to the diner, or out to Stark's pond, or the movies, or tons of other things that make me realize how perfect he is for me. He has always been sweet to me even before we started to date.

"But it doesn't mean anything if you don't take a break with me," I pout, lifting my head up slightly to look over at him writing away for some assignment for whatever advanced placement class he is taking. "I don't want to just sit here staring at the ceiling while I wait for my brain to relax enough to maybe get back to studying."

"Aw, is someone needy?" he teases, glancing over at me with a smirk on his lips.

"You say it like it's a bad thing," I stick my tongue out at him. "Sometimes I want to cuddle with my boyfriend. Is that a crime?"

"It might be when I'm in the middle of homework."

"With how you work, I'm surprised you're not done yet," I shuffle around to sit with my back against my pillows. "If you say that you are getting ahead then I am going to be a little peeved."

"I promise you that I'm not. Do you want me to tell you what I've done so far? We can take this time to do a little check in. That counts as a break." He looks over at me.

I sigh, "Fine, fine. What have you done?"

"Well, I read what I needed for English. Then I planned out the next paper, very roughly but there is a plan. I did the math questions, and now I am working on Chemistry. That leaves reading for history before the night ends."

"It's only four-thirty, dork," I chuckle.

"Come on, tell me what you've done," he leans back in my comfy desk chair, crossing his arms.

"In study hall I read for English and thought of a topic for my paper. I finished my drawing in art that I've been working on for like two weeks, so I was really excited about that. Then I did my chemistry because it actually clicked for once, and now I've moved on to math which is not clicking at all," I groan. "I'm also ahead in history on accident because it got to interesting to stop reading the last time."

"Look who's ahead of me."

I roll my eyes, "Only because you take the harder classes. You're way smarter than I could ever hope to be, Kyle. I wish I could just focus on art and not have to worry about the other subjects, but I at least have to graduate high school."

"You are doing amazing with your art, but I can understand wanting to graduate for the accomplishment. You're in the top half of the class in terms of grades, I think, so you have nothing to worry about."

"I just takes so much time," I groan. "All that time I could be working on my webcomics or doing commissions or something that I find productive. Not trying to figure out all these damn formulas and how to make them work. Like, I really wish I understood what was going on, but I just don't. None of it makes sense and it makes me want to cry," I run a hand through my hair.