«─── « ⋅ʚ Date ɞ⋅ » ───»

August 24, 2019

After two and a half weeks of waiting the day for my date with Taehyung finally came. Everything was planned and ready to go I made sure to pick something fun and that wouldn't require Taehyung to hide behind a mask all day. He had been wanting to know what we were going to do for the past week, but I kept it a secret to build up the anticipation. Maybe that was not the best idea since it left me hoping I made the right decision and that he liked it.

I sat on the living room couch all ready to go and waiting for him to pick me up. I opted for some black leggings, a long-sleeved shirt, and my trusty denim jacket. Where we were going was going to be a little cold, but not enough were, we needed to be all bundled up. My shoe tapped against the hardwood floor in anticipations as the seconds ticked by and Eun-Jae noticed as he went to sit beside me to watch TV.

"Someone's nervous for their date," he casually mentioned as he flipped through the channels on the living room TV.

"Yeah, I hope he likes what I planned," I shrugged, keeping my eyes on the TV.

"Oh, you planned it?" Surprise made its way to his face as he turned to look at me.

"Mhm, I was the one to ask him out."

"Damn Nari you're brave," Eun-Jae responded with a smile.

I feel the need to respond since he then turned back to the TV. My foot kept tapping on the floor. Tap. Tap. Tap. I kept checking my phone for the text that he was here, but it wasn't there yet. It was still early there were around 20 minutes to the time he'd said he would pick me up.

"You're stressing me out and I'm not even going to the date," Eun-Jae exclaimed noticing my behavior.

"I'm sorry I'll try to stop," I sheepishly apologized, trying to stop my foot from moving.

Not even a second later as I got lost in my thoughts the tapping started again.

"Seriously?" he whined.

Before I could answer my phone pinged with the text I had been waiting for.

"He's here!" I exclaimed as I stood up to leave.

"Bye Nari have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't do," Eun-Jae yelled after me.

"Bye Eun-Jae!"

Promptly, I made my way down to the lobby and out the front door. I saw Taehyung's car waiting for me across the street, so, I made sure to look both ways before crossing and got into the passenger's seat.

"Tae!"

"Hi Nari," he greeted with a boxy smile.

I gave him a short hug before asking him about his trip to Daegu.

"It was great it was nice to visit my family again," he responded excitedly.

"I'm happy to hear that."

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going?" he questioned curiously.

"Nope, I'm going to put the address in the GPS," I told him with an innocent look.

"Oh, come on," he whined with a cute pout.

"No, you didn't tell me that time we went to the museum," I pointed out to that day back in June. Revenge was sweet.

"Ugh, alright," Taehyung sighed defeated.

After adding the address in the GPS Taehyung drove us to our destination and made small talk on our way there. He told me about everything he did with his family and how much he had missed them, but that it was nice to be back in Seoul and in the apartment with the guys. Getting to our destination and I saw Taehyung's skeptic look at the almost empty parking lot.