«─── « ⋅ʚ Happy Birthday ɞ⋅ » ───»

October 3, 2019

A soft knock on my door stirred me from my dreams and the feeling of the bed sinking next to me caused me to fully awaken and open my eyes. Eun-Jae was next to me holding a cake and my laptop where FaceTime was open showing the faces of Olivia, Macy, and Youngjin. Counting to three Olivia began singing Happy Birthday the rest following her lead. A smile crept up my face as I sat on the bed and took the laptop off Eun-Jae's hands. After blowing the candles he left for the kitchen to give me some privacy and to cut some cake.

"Happy Birthday Sis," Younjin yelled into the camera, making me roll my eyes.

"Thanks, Jin, I missed your annoying ass," I joked, giving him a fake smile. I did mean it though I missed him a lot. Over the past two months I've received a lot of late-night calls from him where he'd update me on what's happening back home. Apparently, my parents were planning to renew their vows and throw a huge party out of their anniversary something Mom forgot to mention the last time we spoke.

"There should be a package arriving soon for you, with all of our gifts," Macy excitedly spoke.

"Really?" I wasn't expecting them to go through all the trouble of sending their gifts all the way to South Korea and I was fine with that, but it did feel good to know I would be receiving some, I mean who doesn't love gifts?

"It was Youngjin's idea," Olivia added, giving him a glance.

"No, it wasn't, it was all of our ideas," he stammered, giving Olivia a panicked look, making her laugh.

"Aw, Jin you do love me," I teased, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Shut up," he whined, hiding his face on Macy's shoulder.

They seem to be a lot more comfortable in front of me than before, it was about time. They've been official for more than a month and had been dating for all summer and they were just now accepting that it's okay to show affection in front of me. Honestly, what were they so afraid of I'm a sweetheart, it's not like I'm going to make them break up, I've always thought that having one of my friends end up with my brother would be cool cause then they would be family officially. I never told them that though I don't want to seem crazy.

Macy and Youngjin are a good pair they are both on the gentler side and Jin's loudness compliments Macy's quietness. She likes giving him a lot of attention and he likes receiving it, but that doesn't mean he doesn't watch over her because as soon as she is in the room his focus doesn't leave her.

"Alright guys I'll talk to you later today I have to get ready for class," I announced pouting at the thought of having classes for most of the day, "Thank you for the surprise and I love you."

'I love you too' chorused before I hung up making me laugh. Getting up from the bed and stretching my legs I went over to Eun-Jae, who was waiting for me with a piece of double chocolate cake.

With a smile plastered on his face, he said, "Happy Birthday Nari!"

"Thanks," I giggled, "You surely know my taste," I added pointing to the cake.

"It wasn't that hard with you always buying bags of chocolate and leaving the wrappers on the coffee table," he gave me a knowing look.

"Just accept my gratitude!"

Since it was my birthday, I decided on wearing a cute outfit or at least one cuter than what I usually wear for University. While I was brushing through my hair, I received a call.

"Happy Birthday!" The voice chirped.

"Thank you Jimin-sii," I chuckled at his enthusiasm.

"I heard you're going on a date tonight," he spoke in a teasing voice.