31. Kokuhaku

Yaoyorozu

If you were to ask me what my favorite season is, I don't think I would be able to give a definite answer. Every season has its own strengths and weaknesses, enjoyability and displeasure. Just all-around good or bad.

But Autumn?

Maybe they're more good than bad for this.

Leaves crunched under my feet as my shoes stepped on the path. A small breath of pain blew its hot air against my broken ankle. I braced against the crutch to support my weight but pain also blossomed in my wrist since that was broken as well.

Perfect.

"Just a little further," Dr. Todoroki announced. Despite the tiny pain I felt, I'm feeling a lot better. He sat me down on the bench just outside the hospital under a Sakura tree. I sighed in exhaustion.

"How're you feeling, kid?" Dr. Todoroki questioned.

"I'm fine." I smiled calmly, I circled my wrist to ease the pain. Dr. Todoroki noticed and placed his hand over my wrist. Cool air spiraled around it, immediately the pain fizzed away.

"That's a bit eerie," I commented, the feeling of his frost was so familiar, it left a lingering pain in my chest I didn't want to feel. Why do I still miss him?

"Sorry," Dr. Todoroki retracted his hand and smiled sheepishly. He stood up and looked around. The hospital's courtyard was uncannily secluded. Especially, for a weekday afternoon like this. However, I didn't pay at mind to it.

Dr. Todoroki sighed and got up.

"Uhh- oh no! I suddenly forget my uhh keys! To get back into... uhh... the hospital!" He explained rashly. I lifted my eyebrow, nothing he says is making any sense.

"But you don't need keys-"

"I'll be right back! Stay right there! Don't move a muscle!" He was already half way across the courtyard. He's been acting quite strange all day. I wonder why.

I sighed and pulled all my hair over my right shoulder and begun to braid it. I wished I'd at least brought a novel out here with me to enjoy this chilly afternoon, oh well.

"Excuse me, Creati-senpai,"

I spun around to find Inspector Nakayama, the lead inspector of the Ryo case. He helped me a lot behind the scenes, especially during the interrogation of Hiro-Chan. I never got to thank him.

"Oh!" I beamed merrily. "Inspector Nakayama, how've you been?"

"How've I been? You're in a freaking hospital! I'm sorry I couldn't visit you earlier since I just had a baby, and you know..." he said sheepishly rubbing his neck.

"N-no it's fine really, I promise. I'm just grateful you came to see me," I bowed my head at him.

He smiled, relieved.

"So, Creati-senpai. Tell me, how did it feel?"

I lifted a brow at him.

"Hm? How did what feel?"

He moved his jacket aside and placed a hand on his hips.