21. Rescue

Todoroki.

I don't mean to sound morbid or anything but I quite literally hate this place.

Too many people are causally groping me as asking if I want a drink or to dance. Too many people are pushing themselves against me and whispering in my ear, and most importantly there are too many people here and none of them happen to be our squad leader.

Why was she gone for so long?

Pivoting my body towards Shinsou, I found that he was suffering from the same illness as I was; wanting-to-leave-itis... I coined that myself.

"Have you heard from her?" I spoke over the instruments being played from the unnecessarily colossal sized golden- yes golden stage. As a matter of fact, everything looked golden to me, from the floors to the chandeliers to the staircase Yaoyorozu was just on.

"Dude, calm down. She'll be back any minute," he whispered back. God, I hope he's right. I can't help the worry building up inside of me. I should've gone with her, but if I had it would've shown that I didn't trust her judgment or skills as a hero. Which isn't the case of course I trust her, I just have the overwhelming need to protect her.

Must be my hero instincts...

"Excuse me, sir," warmth emitted from a small hand touching my arm. I didn't bother to look at the person with the soft voice who just touched my arm, I harshly pulled my arm from their grip.

"Not interested." I began walking away when once again I was stopped by an even tighter grip by the same hand.

"I think you might want to hear what I have to say, sir." wait... is that...?

Yaoyorozu stood in front of me gripping my arm in a very short white maid dress with a red corset, that just accentuated everything even more so.

I should not be looking.

"Right," I looked at the ground trying not to let my thoughts overpower me. She seized my hand, engulfing it with the warmth of hers. I looked up at her since she's leading me away, meanwhile, she's nodding at Shinsou giving him a silent order. He nodded as well and fell back into the swarm of the crowd.

My eyes fell to the hem of the skirt she wore. It barely even covered her upper thigh, and right below the skirt's hem were the suspenders for a white lace garter belt with thin white stockings tightly securing her thighs.

A heat grew in my stomach from staring at her long, shapely legs. Fuck, I should not be looking.

"Is everything ok?" she must've felt me slowing down. I wordlessly nodded not being able to look at her in the face. She tightened her grip on my hand and pulled me up the fancy staircase. Upon the top of the staircase stood two beefy bouncers who looked at us pointedly and blocked our path.

"Who the fuck are you?" one of them narrowed his eyes at Yaoyorozu. My body tensed realizing we have been caught.

"I'm Akari, I just came out of that room over there. I was with a mistress earlier." she sounded calm, confident. How is she not fazed by this situation?

"The girl in the maid dress had white hair. Yours is black, do you really expect me to believe that?" he quirked his brow, to me it seemed as though they were being overly cautious with whom they let onto the second floor, and to me, that seemed suspicious.

"I was ordered to change my wig, sir," she replied flatly. "Matsora-san was very adamant about our appearance tonight. In case you haven't noticed, you're keeping my guest and I waiting. I did not hear such a fuss when I literally walked past you a few moments ago to go down to the first floor, so why the sudden change in attitude?" she said angrily. She was actually very convincing with her delivery, it made me wonder how many infiltration jobs has she taken over the years to be quite this compelling.