24. Intimate

Disclaimer: Read at your own discretion.

Todoroki

It's strange, this feeling bottling up inside me. I don't know what to make of it.

An ugly emotion rearing its head, I had no control over it.

At first, I wasn't sure. I thought I was overthinking the situation because there's no reason for her to be avoiding me right? Yet, throughout the course of the day, it felt like she was running from me; and after seeing them together so close, talking, laughing, I felt it growing even more.

If I wasn't sure before I am now, but I am certain of it now. Why else would she want him to be her pretend husband? Why else would she get so worked up over a comment he made about her body? Why else would she be avoiding me all day just out of the blue like that?

They're clearly enamored with each other. Probably in a relationship too.

My gut wrenched in pain as though someone had just punched me. I immediately handed the hot dogs over to Midoriya (the male one) and left the beach. It's not like I'll be missed anyway. I returned to the house and headed straight for my room. Pulling off all my clothes, I collapsed onto my bed and sighed. My thoughts overcame me so much that I ended up passing out, my mind exhausting me.

However, I wasn't even safe from the thoughts and emotions in the sanctity of my sleep, why? Because I dreamt of them, touching, laughing. I dreamt he slumped his arms around her and it made her smile. I dreamt that he kissed her cheek and it made her giggle. I dreamt that he called her his and it...made me fucking angry. So much so that I sprung out of bed.

Darkness loomed over the room, indicating to me that it was night, I looked over to the time. 10:37 pm. There's no way I'll be sleeping now so I threw the blankets off of me and pulled on my long-legged gym pants and a tee-shirt. Everyone should be asleep by now, preparing for the mission tomorrow. Due to this, the gym (which is one of the many many rooms of this house) should be vacant.

Right?

No.

Not even close.

Because sparring right smack dab in the middle of the training room were Shinsou and Yaoyorozu. Her body glistened in sweat as she swung her long body around his arm and forced him to the ground. Pinning him violently.

The door slammed loudly behind me, alerting them of my presence. Yaoyorozu's eyes snapped up to locked with mine. The fierce look on her face transformed into something of pure horror. It was enough of a distraction for Shinsou to elbow her to the face and slither out from beneath her body.

Now with the horrified look she gave me firmly planted in my mind, I turned away from them and plugged my earbuds in my ear, and walked over to the treadmill ignoring them.

I came here to get her out of my head and here she is, sparring with someone in just tiny gym shorts and a sports bra. She's too eye-catching to even try and ignore. But it's not like I really have a choice, why talk to someone who clearly doesn't want to talk to me?

After adjusting the tempo on the treadmill, I jogged lightly at first trying to keep my mind distracted from the woman that is currently slamming another man's head into the floor. Ughh, don't look at them either. I cranked up the speed.

Beads of sweat begin to form on my forehead. In my peripheral vision, I saw her leaping over Shinsou's entire body and kicking him in his back whilst still in mid-air, he fell to the ground once more and she pinned him yet again. Hmm, better hope Bakugou doesn't see, or else he might get jealous seeing her draped over another man like that. Is that why she stopped talking to me? Because he told her to?