What Lurks Under The Surface

Hailey POV 

School, 9:06 PM

"Hey, guys look! I found something!" Milly held up a paper. She was dressed up ironically as a devil.

"What does it say?" I approached her.

"Let's see... as the waves splash and tumble and crash, your next hint, and weapons, will be at hand. It lurks deep in the water, and you must find it. But beware. What lurks down there is waiting for your avail."

"Okay, so we're supposed to find some weapons that we're never going to use because we're going to be drowned and eaten alive by some monster. UNBELIEVEABLE." Zander growled while rolling his eyes.

"It's worth a shot." Luke glanced at him. He was dressed up as an ordinary guy decked with a black suit and tie, but some of it it was covered in fake blood. He also had a knife with blood on it as well.

"Where do you think this hint is telling us to go?" Daisy asked me. She was dressed up as some spider queen, with a purple dress with spider webs all over her long sleeves and a necklace with a spider in it.

"Not sure..." I answered. Waves. Water. School. The swimming pool. "Of course! The swimming pool!"

"Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad place," Sean nodded in agreement. 

"Alright, to the- wait." Milly glanced around. "How are we going to find it when it's pitch dark?" She was only able to read it through the light that reflected through Sean's Among Us helmet.

 "Look! Torches!" Elliot spotted a pile of torches on front of a locker. He picked them up and handed them to each of us. "We only need two for this round." Elliot also ironically dressed up as an angel. Wonder if he did that because of Milly 😏.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we're all heading the same direction. Plus if one torch dies we still have others."

"Good point. Sean, Elliot, you'll be the torches. Milly and I will be guiding, seeing as she has the map. Zander, Jake, Daisy, you'll alarm us in case anything bad happens."

They all agreed in the statement and we went to the swimming pool.

The Swimming Pool, 9:12 PM

"There it is!" Milly pointed and ran to the pool, then glanced at it in a startled face. "Huh. It's volume is smaller than usual..." 

"Isn't that good?" I tagged along with her. "I mean, you and Zander can't swim."

"Add me in." Daisy said with a small grin.

"All right. The pool looks scarier in the night than in the morning." Jake said, staring at the inky black water.

(If u wonder how Milly knew the volume was smaller than usual when she couldn't see the bottom of the water through the dark night it's logic COuGh cOuGH-)

"What about our costumes?" Jake asked silently.

"Not a problem for me." I grinned as I put off my socks and shoes and stepped into the water.

"Same for me." Sean's Among Us suit was waterproof, so it wasn't a problem.

Daisy POV

As all we searched in the water, I heard Milly yell, "Hey, I found the second clue!"

"Good job, Blues Clues." Zander fished out a crowbar.

"I think Milly's supposed to be our clue finder." Elliot said, standing at the edge of the pool with a rake.

"Ah, yes, Milly le Detective." She felt proud of herself as she exited the pool with the clue and a baton. "The weird thing? This clue isn't even wet! It's full dry!"